Joey Ricely is the Founder of Knockerball USA. Joey Ricely is a thought leader, influencer, and risk taker, and Joey has provided the vision and energy that has inspired the creation of Knockerball USA. Joey Ricely joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series.The DotCom Magazine editorial team has awarded Knockerball USA as an Impact Company of 2019, and we are delighted to have Joey join us for our Leader Round Table Interview. The Knockerball USA story is very interesting, and we are very excited to not only interview Joey, but also put Joey through our popular speed round as well!
Joey, thank so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview, and answering some questions about leadership, your vision, and your passion.
1. Can you describe what the elevator pitch for Knockerball USA is?
Knockerball USA is the leader in bubble sporting equipment, with over 90% of the market share, our goal is to continually increase the awareness of the sport and offer entrepreneurs the opportunity to participate by becoming a licensed Affiliate and running their own regional location.
2. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give CEOs just starting out regarding keeping a company moving forward, and please tell us the key to your companys success?
There is no clear path to success – there are many ways to get there and they don't always look like the fairy tale stories we hear. I've found that even if you map out the business plan and have a clear vision of where you're going, things will change, obstacles and challenges will occur. In order to determine your value as a leader, you have to remove your emotions from the equation and continue to adapt and adjust.
3. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as Knockerball USA, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
There will always be challenges, you have to go into the business knowing this and welcoming them. How you respond will be a test of your character, and your responsibility as a CEO is to put them into perspective attacking them with a methodical and systematic well thought out response. Part of overcoming the unplanned is preparation, develop a system that handles adversity from a reward/risk approach.
4. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at Knockerball USA , and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
Customer satisfaction has been one of our major pillars since Day 1, we evaluate our performance and process based on customer feedback and interaction. Since Amazon's major breakthrough in the market, it has heightened consumers awareness of this topic and you have to excel and leverage your resources in order to survive in the marketplace.
5. What is the one thing Knockerball USA does to have great communication with their customers?
We have created several channels and flow charts within the organization to allow customers needs to be handled by the right department with the least amount of steps. We value our customers time and want to allow them access to the solution with the least amount of resistance.
6. In todays fast changing business environment, what do you do to keep up with the changes? What do you read to stay abreast of things?
One of my biggest strengths is that I understand my weaknesses and am aware there are many individuals who have a wealth of information for me to acquire. I lean on my mentors and am continually reading and listening to webinars from successful industry leaders. I listen, read and evaluate the information to determine which will add value to my organization. It is important that owners use this approach because not everything someone says will apply to them and not every tactic that has worked for someone else will work for them.
7. What is your Why? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead Knockerball USA ?
My, "why" is the brand, the employees, the individuals who have joined the movement and are representing Knockerball across the world. I cherish their investment and time and know that they believe in our mission and are willing to support it means everything to me. I'm so grateful for all of them and giving them the gift of entrepreneurship and the opportunity to dictate their outcome (mental, physical and financial) is the best way to reciprocate that.
8. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
There are so many good books and pieces of them have added value so if I had to choose one. I really enjoyed the 'Art of War' by Sun Tzu, it is based on a Chinese military strategist. The book has been massively influential on so many levels and relatable industries, each person will have a subjective response to each aspect.
9. When communicating with your staff at Knockerball USA, can you tell us the most important thing you do so that they are able to carry out the objectives that you set forth at as the leader?
Each staff member is different and adds so much value to their role I feel it is important to approach each one with that same mindset. How each individual digests information and executes tasks vary, and in order to achieve optimum results from each person is to develop a unique relationship and understand the triggers they respond to through a/b testing of approaches.
10. In one sentence, can you give some advice to fellow entrepreneurs wishing to build a company as exciting as Knockerball USA?
Understand the difference between instant and longterm gratification. If instant is your driving force, you won't sustain through the emotional highs and lows.
We would like to have some fun and do a First Reaction round with you!
We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only. Here you go!
1. In three words or less, What makes a successful CEO?
Action, Networking, Resourceful
2. Describe Knockerball USA in one word?
3. Describe Knockerball USA customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee for Knockerball USA?
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about Knockerball USA?
6. In three words or less, describe your passion?
Family, Future, Intense
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
Action, Action, Action
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at Knockerball USA?
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
More resourceful and educated
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English Language?
Joey Ricely , Thank you so much for sitting down with us at our DotCom Magazine Impact Player Round Table. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping others to learn more about what it takes to be a leader. We hope your interview helps our readers, and we wish you, your family, and of course Knockerball USA , nothing but the best. Thanks again!