Brian Shimmerlik is the CEO of Vengo Labs. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has awarded Vengo Labs as an Impact Company of 2019, and we are delighted to have Brian join us for our Leader Round Table Interview. The Vengo Labs story is very interesting, and we are very excited to not only interview Brian about his very successful business and entrepreneurial spirit, ,but also put Brian through our popular speed round as well.
Brian, thank so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview, and answering some questions about leadership, your vision, and your passion.
1. Can you describe what the elevator pitch for Vengo Labs is?
Vengo Labs is a retail and marketing tech company that is reimagining how brands connect with consumers. Our technology bridges the gap between digital and real world experiences, providing immersive virtual exchanges that jump out of the digital ecosystem into the real world, dispensing product samples in real-time.
2. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give CEOs just starting out regarding keeping a company moving forward, and please tell us the key to your companys success?
Hire great people. At the end of the day, the team makes the business. Execution and timing is everything dont look too far in the future. Dont look at the present. Relentlessly bring your vision to life.
3. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as Vengo Labs, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
Make progress every day. Entrepreneurship is not glamourous, in fact, it is lonely – find key advisors and people who understand what youre going through to build strong relationships.
4. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at Vengo Labs, and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
Our commitment to client satisfaction is crucial. Our unique technology provides core products and interacts with our consumers in ways they never imagined, providing convenient products to high-traffic areas like gyms, hotels and college campuses. We currently reach millions of consumers each month, and our customer-focused mentality perfectly complements our brand.
5. What is the one overriding belief that Vengo Labs has about what it is doing?
Vengo is creating truly immersive and curated digital experiences for its consumers and is enabling brands to reach the most relevant audiences. We believe that we are setting a new bar for bringing digital and data to sampling campaigns, offering brands unprecedented access to consumers and distributed samples each month. We believe the physical world is being overlooked and the retail real estate Vengo is building up is quite valuable.
6. In todays fast changing business environment, what do you do to keep up with the changes? What do you read to stay abreast of things?
I typically dont read or keep up with the news on a day-to-day basis. I tend to focus everything toward either driving Vengo forward or relaxing. Entrepreneurship takes everything and I think you cant be looking side-to-side. Look forward!
7. What is your Why? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead Vengo Labs?
I get up each morning to drive Vengo to success for my team and investors. I want to deliver on the faith that they have put in me.
8. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
9. In one sentence, can you tell us what the most important thing about being a leader is?
I believe in the servant leader model – my job is to put the right people in place and get them what they need to succeed.
10. In one sentence, can you give some advice to fellow entrepreneurs wishing to build a company as exciting as Vengo Labs ?
Commit. Let go of fear of failure. Strive to learn every day.
We would like to have some fun and do our famous First Reaction round with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only. Here you go!
1. In three words or less, What makes a successful CEO?
Relentless work ethic.
2. Describe Vengo Labs in one word?
3. Describe Vengo Labs customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee for Vengo Labs?
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about Vengo Labs?
6. In three words or less, describe your passion?
Cultivating excitement and energy.
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
Run, dont walk.
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at Vengo Labs?
Challenging, exhilarating and sleepless.
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
Patient, appreciative and humble.
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English Language?
Brian Shimmerlik, thank you so much for sitting down with us at our DotCom Magazine Impact Player Round Table. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping others to learn more about your company and what it takes to be a leader. We we wish you, your family, and of course Vengo Labs, nothing but the best.