Esteban Kadamani is the CEO of INFINITE WINDOWS LLC. Esteban Kadamani is a thought leader, influencer, and a risk taker, and provides the vision and energy that has inspired the creation of INFINITE WINDOWS LLC. Esteban Kadamani joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has awarded INFINITE WINDOWS LLC as an Impact Company of 2019, and we are delighted to have Esteban join us for our Leader Round Table Interview. The INFINITE WINDOWS LLC story is very interesting, and we are very excited to not only interview Esteban about his very successful business and entrepreneurial spirit, but also put Esteban through our popular speed round as well.
Esteban, thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview, and answering some questions about leadership, your vision, and your passion.
1. Can you describe what the elevator pitch for INFINITE WINDOWS LLC is?
I believe the most important thing about an elevator pitch or short introduction is to connect with the person or people you are introducing your company to and there is no way to have a one size fits all introduction. In order to connect with someone it needs to be relevant to the situation you are in. But there is something of that introduction that would never change, and is not said with words, its shown with the tone of your voice and your body language, speaking slowly while still showing passion for the subject demonstrates confidence and competence. Mine would go something like this: Infinite Windows is a glass and glazing contractor and manufacturer of windows and doors. We believe that listening and understanding our clients needs makes all the difference, Its how we listen, evaluate, and execute that distinguishes us from our competition.
2. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give CEOs just starting out regarding keeping a company moving forward, and please tell us the key to your companys success?
Be open-minded! Because most likely whatever theyre doing now is not exactly going to turn out the way you have in mind. You need to be able to change and adapt to market conditions and to your clients needs. Sometimes you might end up in a different business or selling a different product you hadnt anticipated, and thats okay. I think the key to our business has been our relationship with our suppliers and installers. I always tell people, its easy to sell but its hard to deliver!
3. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as INFINITE WINDOWS LLC, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
Every time things gets challenging, it just means a new a new opportunity arises! Back in 2007 when things where really taking off for us in our business the Great Recession of 2008 imploded the economy and cut the real estate market down at the knees. But that didnt mean all construction stopped, we identified an
opportunity in low-income housing, thanks in part to the Obama stimulus project which offered incentives to build affordable housing we formed an alliance with one of the largest low-income housing contractors in the United States, and that business was booming. So, you need to be able to open your eyes and identify different opportunities when times get tough.
4. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at INFINITE WINDOWS LLC, and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
I think its important to understand your client, what is important to them might not be as important to others so that you can focus on their needs. Another key is to be transparent and make sure they know what to expect from your products and services, I always tell my sales people to under-promise instead of over-promise, its nice to see the look on their face when we finish the jobs before the time they had expected. For example if you are an online seller, and you deliver your products in 2-3 days, tell them to expect them in 4-5 and watch how happy and the reviews you will get when they receive it 2 days before. Its the little things that make a difference and people sometimes over promise to earn someone business, what they dont know is they could easily loose a client or a referral if things that are out of your control go wrong.
5. What is the one overriding belief that INFINITE WINDOWS LLC has about what it is doing?
This is a really good question, one that I have never been asked before. I think there are two kind of beliefs a superiority belief and a confidence belief, superiority belief is when someone thinks their opinion is the only correct view, and confidence belief is when you feel good with what you know and experienced but you are open to different opinions. I learn allot from people, and we have to thank internet and technology for allowing us to have easy access to information that we might not have in the past. So, I have had allot of confidence beliefs on what we are doing in the past that are completely different now days thanks to what we have learned from others, and im sure whatever beliefs I have today, might be different tomorrow.
6. In todays fast changing business environment, what do you do to keep up with the changes? What do you read to stay abreast of things?
I travel a lot, I found that traveling, speaking to other people and cultures helps you discover the latest trends better. I also read magazines online through Twitter and LinkedIn. Ive found that China is quite ahead in many areas of technology, and Ive found it beneficial to follow groups and news through WeChat, since I speak basic mandarin.
7. What is your Why? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead INFINITE WINDOWS LLC?
My family. I now have a 2 month old son as well as a 3 year old daughter which are my biggest achievement in life together with my wife. I have a special whistle sound that I do to my kids to call them, (its not like the one you hear at a football stadium) Its more like a bird sound which I have done since the day they were born and I tell my wife that the highlight of my day is when I get home open the door and whistle to them and they come running towards me to hug me. I was blessed to grow in a very loveable, family-oriented family which gave me more than they could afford, and Im not just talking of material things, the love coming from my grandparents, parents, uncles, siblings was and is priceless, and I hope to give my kids a home and a family just like that.
8. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
I love audiobooks! I spend 2 hours of my day driving and unless im making calls to clients, im listening to books. The one that I would definitely recommend to anyone, not just entrepreneurs is The art of war I believe life is a battle, some days you win some days you lose, and this book gives you tools for life.
9. In one sentence, can you tell us what the most important thing about being a leader is?
The most important thing about being a leader is learn and understand the people you are leading, everyone is different and to lead people you need to learn whats important for them and what is not.
10. In one sentence, can you give some advice to fellow entrepreneurs wishing to build a company as exciting as INFINITE WINDOWS LLC ?
There is a Chinese saying called (?? miànzi) which in English is the expression to save face which describes ones reputation. I think the most important aspect of any business is their reputation, you need to make sure you save face even if it means losing money, and sometimes you will, if you make a mistake with an employee or client make sure you admit your mistake and make it right at all costs.
Esteban, we would like to have some fun and do our famous First Reaction round with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only. Here you go!
1. In three words or less, What makes a successful CEO?
Lead by example
2. Describe INFINITE WINDOWS LLC in one word?
3. Describe INFINITE WINDOWS LLC customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee for INFINITE WINDOWS LLC?
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about INFINITE WINDOWS LLC?
6. In three words or less, describe your passion?
Making family proud
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at INFINITE WINDOWS LLC?
Dream come true
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
Changes me everyday
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English Language?
Esteban Kadamani, thank you so much for sitting down with us at our DotCom Magazine Impact Player Round Table. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping others to learn more about your company and what it takes to be a leader. We we wish you, your family, and of course INFINITE WINDOWS LLC, nothing but the best. Thanks again!
The Esteban Kadamani Roundtable Interview brought to you by DotCom Magazine.