George Lee is the CEO of Snap Agency. George Lee is a thought leader, influencer, and risk taker, and provides the vision and energy that has inspired the creation of Snap Agency. George Lee joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has awarded Snap Agency as an Impact Company of 2019, and we are delighted to have George join us for our Leader Round Table Interview. The Snap Agency story is very interesting, and we are very excited to not only interview George about his very successful business and entrepreneurial spirit, but also put George through our popular speed round as well.
George, thank so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview, and answering some questions about leadership, your vision, and your passion.
1. Can you describe what the “elevator pitch” for Snap Agency is?
Snap creates a unique brand story for your organization and implements digital marketing strategies to move your organization above competitors for revenue growth.
2. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give CEO’s just starting out regarding keeping a company moving forward, and please tell us the key to your company’s success?
First, focus on one thing that solves a problem for your target audience and stay focused. Second, learn to fail fast. You will learn more from failing than succeeding. Third, be prepared to pivot and reinvent your organization as you grow and the market and technology changes. Things will change and you need to embrace change or you will cease to exist.
3. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as Snap Agency, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
Make the hard decisions as soon as possible. It isn’t fun and often affects people. If you don’t you will loose respect and challenges will start compounding.
4. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at Snap Agency, and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
Define and clarify expectations and goals up front in writing. Be transparent up front and candid. When things don’t work out well and you or your team says (I knew they would fire us or we would end up firing them) shame on us for engaging with the client in the first place. Get comfortable saying: we are not the right fit for you.
5. What is the one overriding belief that Snap Agency has about what it is doing?
Snap knows how too generate revenue for our clients and grow their business.
6. In today’s fast changing business environment, what do you do to keep up with the changes? What do you read to stay abreast of things?
Candidly, the specialization and rate of change in digital marketing is too much for anyone to keep up with. I look to our department managers and their staff of specialists to keep up with their area of responsibility and share with the entire team news worthy updates.
7. What is your “Why”? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead Snap Agency?
The why is, in our industry with the pace of change I will learn something new today and I crave learning something new that will help Snap grow. In order to be my best, I read industry news before leaving home for work. I try to exercise daily and drink at least one Scotch every night.
8. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
Crossing the Chasm by Geoffrey Moore. Learn the type of person you are and stick to that phase of business. It is hard for people to change roles as an organization grows. I learned that I like starting things and don’t like nor am I good at managing operations. So I found the best operations person I could afford and get out of his way.
9. In one sentence, can you tell us what the most important thing about being a leader is?
Hire the smartest people you can afford, give them a goal and get out of their way.
10. In one sentence, can you give some advice to fellow entrepreneurs wishing to build a company as exciting as Snap Agency?
Create and foster a culture that empowers and enables your team to succeed.
George, we would like to have some fun and do our famous “First Reaction” round with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only.
Here you go!
1. In three words or less, What makes a successful CEO?
2. Describe Snap Agency in one word?
3. Describe Snap Agency customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee for Snap Agency?
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about Snap Agency?
6. In three words or less, describe your passion?
Need to achieve
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
Committed and Flexible
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at Snap Agency?
Back to School
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
Gave up Control
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English Language?
George Lee, thank you so much for sitting down with us at our DotCom Magazine Impact Player Round Table. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping others to learn more about your company and what it takes to be a leader. We we wish you, your family, and of course Snap Agency, nothing but the best.