Larry Kozin is the Founder of NewEconomyMarketingGroup, Inc (NEMG).
Larry Kozin is a thought leader, influencer, and risk taker, and provides the vision and energy that has inspired the creation of NEMG. Larry Kozin joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has awarded NEMG as an Impact Company of 2019, and we are delighted to have Larry join us for our Leader Round Table Interview.
The NEMG story is very amazing, and we are very excited to not only interview Larry about his business and entrepreneurial spirit, but also put Larry through our popular speed round as well.
Larry, thank so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview, and answering some questions about leadership, your vision, and your passion.
1. Can you describe what the elevator pitch for NEMG is?
We have a very simple business model; we help the masses make money and save money, with more of a focus on helping people make money, capitalizing on principle of leverage (benefiting from the efforts of by helping others).
2. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give CEOs just starting out regarding keeping a company moving forward, and please tell us the key to your companys success?
The very best advice I can give and the ONLY reason why we are successful today is because we NEVER QUIT. Furniture has been a love/hate relationship, and it took my over 35 years, but I finally created a business model that I LOVE. My previous business models were based on money and my lifestyle would suffer, but as a CEO you can craft the business to fit your like and what makes you happy.
3. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as NEMG, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
In those times, is when you can really know one out of the park, and Go for Something really BIG. When times are good, their is a prudent instinct to coast, but challenging times require riskier strategies and that is my comfort zone!
4. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at NEMG, and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
Our first priority is making sure that ALL of our clients and partners are satisfied and if we could get them to raving fans down the line, so be it. We are very proud of our track record of never being sued or sued anybody else, as we believe in hand shake good faith deals and going out of our way to deliver more than promised, if possible.
5. What is the one overriding belief that NEMG has about what it is doing?
Give to others first, without expectation of anything in return. We currently are granting FREE Memberships in the Furniture Chamber of Commerce and a FREE Business Opportunity call FurnitureBroker.biz
6. In todays fast changing business environment, what do you do to keep up with the changes?
It's usually the other way around, as people around me sometimes have a difficult time with all the changes that need to be made on a daily or, in some cases, hourly basis. What do you read to stay abreast of things? I am copied on the main "info" email on 8 companies owned in the majority by NEMG, in various stages of operation and caught up with over 200,000 email messages saved and categorized.
7. What is your Why? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead NEMG?
Helping others change their lives in healthy and wealthy ways. The look on someone's face when they tell you they sold over $1,000,000 in furniture in their first full year. Our millionairZclub platform is dedicated to help people transition from the workforce to business ownership. The millionairZclub is more about a Lifestyle than a number.
8. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
My All Time greatest book is Think and Grow Rich, which I first read almost 50 years ago. So many Chapters I have applied, but surprisingly, the biggest impact was probably: Specialized Knowledge. We sometimes earned that knowledge the "hard way", but now we are in a position to teach others and accelerate their learning curves for a fraction of the cost and time it takes to start at the bottom.
9. In one sentence, can you tell us what the most important thing about being a leader is?
Be willing to Lead the Charge into Battle!
10. In one sentence, can you give some advice to fellow entrepreneurs wishing to build a company as exciting as NEMG?
I would like to submit two answers 1). you can hire us LOL. (What NEMG is, is a Mastermind Group of Entrepreneurs who invested money into a TEAM where various skill levels abound and we leverage the skills of each Team Member). So 2). Build a team around you of folks that have skills that you are lacking
Larry, we would like to have some fun and do our famous First Reaction round with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only.
Here you go!
1. In three words or less, What makes a successful CEO?
2. Describe NEMG in one word?
3. Describe NEMG customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee for NEMG?
We built company with 0 employees…only with partners
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about NEMG?
6.In three words or less, describe your passion?
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at NEMG?
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English Language?
Larry Kozin, thank you so much for sitting down with us at our DotCom Magazine Impact Player Round Table. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping others to learn more about your company and what it takes to be a leader. We we wish you, your family, and of course iDealFurniture/KozyFurniture, nothing but the best.
The Larry Kozin Roundtable Interview brought to you by DotCom Magazine.