Micah Hollingworth is the CEO of Broadw.ai. Micah Hollingworth is a thought leader, influencer, and risk taker, and provides the vision and energy that has inspired the creation of Broadw.ai. Micah Hollingworth joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has awarded Broadw.ai as an Impact Company of 2019, and we are delighted to have Micah join us for our Leader Round Table Interview. The Broadw.ai story is very interesting, and we are very excited to not only interview Micah about his very successful business and entrepreneurial spirit, but also put Micah through our popular speed round as well.
Micah, thank so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview, and answering some questions about leadership, your vision, and your Broadw.ai.
1. Can you describe what the “elevator pitch” for Broadw.ai is?
Broadw.ai merges bleeding edge AI technology with the Broadway sales and marketing experience to recreate the customer conversation from the box office window; moving that conversation to the web through show branded digital platforms, like Facebook Messenger or on your own website. In collaboration with Satisfi Labs, Broadw.ai’s platform allows you to interact and retain your customers with real-time dialogue – from more information about the show, theater access information, or which ticket purchase option suits them best. For more information, visit our website Broadw.ai.
2. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give CEO’s just starting out regarding keeping a company moving forward, and please tell us the key to your company’s success?
It takes time. Thinking through the opportunity and building a business plan, talking through and testing your idea with mentors, raising capital, building a team, executing the vision and then working tirelessly to improve it. It all takes time.
3. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as Broadw.ai, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
As an entrepreneur, the job is never “finished” or “done.” There are new updates and improvements needed and/or requested on a daily basis. But it is worth it. Be committed and find ways to enjoy the journey.
4. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at Broadw.ai, and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
We closely monitor our technology to ensure all is working as intended and providing the very best experience for our clients and their customers. The customer is our top priority.
5. What is the one overriding belief that Broadw.ai has about what it is doing?
Providing excellent customer service will provide great results.
6. In today’s fast-changing business environment, what do you do to keep up with the changes? What do you read to stay abreast of things?
I have a handful of email newsletters I follow, along with Twitter the New York Times and Linkedin.
7. What is your “Why”? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead Broadw.ai?
I love working in team settings to create positive outcomes. My background is in commercial theatre which is a very collaborative business. Startup life
is very similar.
8. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
I just finished the High Growth Handbook by Elad Gil. Highly recommend!
9. In one sentence, can you tell us what the most important thing about being a leader is?
Making sure your team feels heard and supported.
10. In one sentence, can you give some advice to fellow entrepreneurs wishing to build a company as exciting as Broadw.ai?
Really test your ideas out with mentors and friends and listen to your feedback. Then when you feel “somewhat” ready – jump!
Micah, we would like to have some fun and do our famous “First Reaction” round with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only.
Here you go!
1. In three words or less, What makes a successful CEO?
2. Describe Broadw.ai in one word?
3. Describe Broadw.ai customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee for Broadw.ai?
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about Broadw.ai?
6. In three words or less, describe your Broadw.ai?
Transparent, Supportive, Valuable
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
Same three – transparent, supportive and valuable
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at Broadw.ai?
Exhausting, exhilarating, and surprising
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
Patience, pursitance, belief
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English Language?
Micah Hollingworth, thank you so much for sitting down with us at our DotCom Magazine Impact Player Round Table. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping others to learn more about your company and what it takes to be a leader. We we wish you, your family, and of course Broadw.ai, nothing but the best. Thanks again!
The Micah Hollingworth Roundtable Interview brought to you by DotCom Magazine.