Raj Tut is the CEO of Gateway Multifamily Group. Raj Tut is a thought leader, influencer, and risk taker, and provides the vision and energy that has inspired the creation of Gateway Multifamily Group. Raj Tut joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has awarded Gateway Multifamily Group as an Impact Company of 2019, and we are delighted to have Raj join us for our Leader Round Table Interview. The Gateway Multifamily Group story is very interesting, and we are very excited to not only interview Raj about his very successful business and entrepreneurial spirit, but also put Raj through our popular speed round as well.
Raj, thank so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview, and answering some questions about leadership, your vision, and your passion.
1. Can you describe what the elevator pitch for Gateway Multifamily Group is?
Gateway Multifamily shares one simple, unifying purpose: to create the best renting experience possible. We do this by acquiring and developing multifamily properties in the St. Louis region.
2. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give CEOs just starting out regarding keeping a company moving forward, and please tell us the key to your companys success?
Our key is our "why" which is to create the best renting experience possible. Focusing on this allows us not to sweat the small things and focus on the bigger picture.
3. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as Gateway Multifamily Group, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
Think about your "why" and allow that to guide you through the tough times.
4. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at Gateway Multifamily Group, and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
Commitment to client satisfaction is significant. We try our best to give our residents a great product and a great experience in every interaction they have with our team and our properties.
5. What is the one overriding belief that Gateway Multifamily Group has about what it is doing?
We care about adding value to the lives of as many people as possible, and we firmly believe in the importance of real estate and shelter play in our day-to-day lives. That is why, outside of our business, we support the United Way of Greater St. Louis in their effort to provide basic needs – safe havens, stocked pantries, and more – to position those in need for a better tomorrow.
6. In todays fast changing business environment, what do you do to keep up with the changes? What do you read to stay abreast of things?
I stay on top of news within the multifamily industry. However, I don't believe in change for the sake of change. We only implement changes and new technology into our business if they add value in the long-run.
7. What is your Why? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead Gateway Multifamily Group?
I have one simple purpose: to create the best renting experience possible. I don't think I am operating at my peak, but I am taking steps toward correcting that by ensuring I also take care of my self physically and mentally so that I can continue working toward my "why" every single day.
8. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie. It helped me become more deliberate with my interactions.
9. In one sentence, can you tell us what the most important thing about being a leader is?
Ensuring that your team and your customers feel valued.
10. In one sentence, can you give some advice to fellow entrepreneurs wishing to build a company as exciting as Gateway Multifamily Group?
Do it for the right reasons – very few entrepreneurs succeed unless they are truly focused on adding value to their customers and society.
Raj, we would like to have some fun and do our famous First Reaction round with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only.
Here you go!
1. In three words or less, What makes a successful CEO?
Vision and creativity.
2. Describe Gateway Multifamily Group in one word?
3. Describe Gateway Multifamily Group customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee for Gateway Multifamily Group?
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about Gateway Multifamily Group?
6. In three words or less, describe your passion?
The renting experience.
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
Hunger and passion.
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at Gateway Multifamily Group?
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
Stronger and wiser.
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English Language?
Raj Tut, thank you so much for sitting down with us at our DotCom Magazine Impact Player Round Table. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping others to learn more about your company and what it takes to be a leader. We we wish you, your family, and of course Gateway Multifamily Group, nothing but the best. Thanks again!
The Raj Tut Roundtable Interview brought to you by DotCom Magazine.