Sean McGraw is the CEO of FOR Energy. Sean McGraw is a thought leader, influencer, and risk taker, and provides the vision and energy that has inspired the creation of FOR Energy. Sean McGraw joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has awarded FOR Energy as an Impact Company of 2019, and we are delighted to have Sean join us for our Leader Round Table Interview. The FOR Energy story is very interesting, and we are very excited to not only interview Sean about his very successful business and entrepreneurial spirit, but also put Sean through our popular speed round as well.
Sean, thank so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview, and answering some questions about leadership, your vision, and your passion.
1. Can you describe what the elevator pitch for FOR Energy is?
FOR Energy provides homeowners with a roadmap to optimal health, comfort, and savings. We provide recommendations and fulfillment to make homes efficient and to produce their own power.
2. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give CEOs just starting out regarding keeping a company moving forward, and please tell us the key to your companys success?
Be resilient. Be persistent. It's the days that you want to quit that define you and the future of your company.
3. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as FOR Energy, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
Simply keep pushing. If you've got a great product and great process, it's only a matter of time.
4. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at FOR Energy, and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
Customer satisfaction is a top priority. We consider our employees customers as well. the better you treat your people, the better they treat your clients. Creating raving fans only makes business and growth easier. The more "Raving Fans" you create, the more marketers you have out there speaking highly about your brand.
5. In todays fast changing business environment, what do you do to keep up with the changes? What do you read to stay abreast of things?
Businesses sink or swim. In order to swim, you've always got to be innovating and educating yourself. The second you end that, you're sinking.
6. What is your Why? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead FOR Energy?
I want to create personal financial freedom, positively change the lives of others, and create amazing opportunities for our team. That is my WHY.
7. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
There is not a single book with all of the answers but here are a few… E-Myth for the fresh entrepreneur, 4 Disciplines of Execution for those trying to elevate their business, Good to Great for aspiring leads, and 2-Second Lean for those that are looking for constant improvement. It's important to read a book and take away the things you can actually implement. You would be in a constant whirlwind if you tried to implement everything you read.
8. In one sentence, can you tell us what the most important thing about being a leader is?
The ability to make those around you better in everything they do.
9. In one sentence, can you give some advice to fellow entrepreneurs wishing to build a company as exciting as FOR Energy?
Focus on customer and employee experience, process and procedures, and culture.
Sean, we would like to have some fun and do our famous First Reaction round with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only.
Here you go!
1. In three words or less, What makes a successful CEO?
Always redefining "success"
2. Describe FOR Energy in one word?
3. Describe FOR Energy customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee for FOR Energy?
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about FOR Energy?
6. In three words or less, describe your passion?
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
Cross the finish line
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at FOR Energy?
Trial and error
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
Made me stronger
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English Language?
Sean McGraw, thank you so much for sitting down with us at our DotCom Magazine Impact Player Round Table. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping others to learn more about your company and what it takes to be a leader. We we wish you, your family, and of course FOR Energy, nothing but the best. Thanks again!
The Sean McGraw Roundtable Interview brought to you by DotCom Magazine.