Bobby Tetsch is the CEO of Pacific Energy Network. Bobby Tetsch is a thought leader, influencer, risk taker, and provides the vision and energy that has inspired the creation of Pacific Energy Network. Bobby Tetsch joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has awarded Pacific Energy Network as an Impact Company of 2019, and we are delighted to have Bobby join us for our Leader Round Table Interview. The Pacific Energy Network story is very interesting, and we are very excited to not only interview Bobby about his very successful business and entrepreneurial spirit, but also put Bobby through our popular speed round as well.
Bobby, thank so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview, and answering some questions about leadership, your vision, and Pacific Energy Network.
1. Can you describe what the elevator pitch for Pacific Energy Network is?
Pacific Energy Network strives to provide customers with intelligent and sustainable energy education and dynamic options to better their quality of life today and for future generations to come.
2. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give CEOs just starting out regarding keeping a company moving forward, and please tell us the key to your companys success?
Make sales and hire great people. When you are first starting off you selling is the key to growth. Most business fail within their first 12 months because lack of cash flow. When you are first starting off you may not have a huge cash reserve to keep you a float. Selling and selling a lot will ensure that your cash flow is consistent. Hiring great people that are great at problem solving and are highly adaptable is key! In a start up situation there is a lot of change so its extremely important you are very upfront about the environment a candidate is being on-boarded into. The right people can be your biggest asset and the wrong people and ruin your business.
3. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as Pacific Energy Network, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
Keep your mind on the big picture. As a CEO your job is to be the visionary of the organization. Managers that you hire should manage the processes that you agreed on to run the business. Your ability to keep your eye on the end goal will make the day to day challenges seem smaller.
4. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at Pacific Energy Network, and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
Our commitment to client satisfaction and the customer experience will forever remain at the top of our priority list here at PEN. We ensure all of our customers have the ability to communicate with us seamlessly, in addition to providing quality information from well trained representatives. PEN only hires the best of the best. All of our representatives are trained to provide nothing less than the best customer service experience possible. Our representatives are licensed and trained in their prospective fields of expertise and are passionate about serving the community.
5. What is the one overriding belief that Pacific Energy Network has about what it is doing?
At Pacific Energy Network, we strongly believe that we are serving our communities by providing education, renewable energy options, and bettering the quality of life of every person we encounter
6. In todays fast changing business environment, what do you do to keep up with the changes? What do you read to stay abreast of things?
I personally utilize technology to keep up to date with current events. There are many apps that allow you to get a quick snap shot on world events that don't take too much time away from your daily focuses.
7. What is your Why? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead Pacific Energy Network?
My personal "why" is to build a company that is a special place to work. I love people and the human dynamic is something I spend a lot of time thinking about. Its something I care a lot about and am very passionate about. If you have passion in what you do its easier to stay at a peak performance level.
8. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. This is a book that I have read over a dozen times and every time I read it I receive a different message from it. More than anything else it provided me with fundamentals needed to see other perspectives which I feel has made me an all around better leader.
9. In one sentence, can you tell us what the most important thing about being a leader is?
Responsibility, as a leader you are putting yourself in the position to influence others. Being a leader means that a group of people have put trust in you. You are in a unique position to influence. That influence can either be a positive or negative experience for the people that are trusting you.
10. In one sentence, can you give some advice to fellow entrepreneurs wishing to build a company as exciting as Pacific Energy Network?
Don't think about it, be about it! If you have a dream put the moves in place to start achieving it, don't wait! It's so worth it!
Bobby, we would like to have some fun and do our famous First Reaction round with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only.
Here you go!
1. In three words or less, What makes a successful CEO?
Listens, Focused and Passionate
2. Describe Pacific Energy Network in one word?
3. Describe Pacific Energy Network customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee for Pacific Energy Network?
Are they Coachable
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about Pacific Energy Network?
6. In three words or less, describe your Pacific Energy Network?
Solutions oriented organization
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
Passion, Discipline and Action
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at Pacific Energy Network?
Fast, Exciting and Fun
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
Purpose Driven Life
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English Language?
Bobby Tetsch, thank you so much for sitting down with us at our DotCom Magazine Impact Player Round Table. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping others to learn more about your company and what it takes to be a leader. We we wish you, your family, and of course Pacific Energy Network, nothing but the best. Thanks again!
The Bobby Tetsch Roundtable Interview brought to you by DotCom Magazine.