Chris Roebuck is the CEO of Clicktivated. Chris Roebuck is a thought leader, influencer, and a risk taker, and provides the vision and energy that has inspired the creation of Clicktivated. Chris Roebuck joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has awarded Clicktivated as an Impact Company of 2019, and we are delighted to have Chris join us for our Leader Round Table Interview. The Clicktivated story is very interesting, and we are very excited to not only interview Chris about his very successful business and entrepreneurial spirit, but also put Chris through our popular speed round as well.
Chris, thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview, and answering some questions about leadership, your vision, and your passion.
1. Can you describe what the elevator pitch for Clicktivated is?
Clicktivated is a market leader in interactive and shoppable video. Our platform enables viewers the ability to directly interact with individual product/items in video as they watch. We work to create a more customized and immersive experience by connecting viewers to the products and information they want in videos within a simple click. Our clean UX helps to empower the viewer with frictionless shopping moments that allow for seamless access to products at the time of inspiration and want.
2. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give CEOs just starting out regarding keeping a company moving forward, and please tell us the key to your companys success?
Throughout my professional career Ive learned to do a much better job listening and paying attention to everything. You never know when a piece of information will come back to benefit you down the road. But its also key to learn how to filter the good from the bad as well. Creating a business is never going to be easy, it takes dedication, focus, and perseverance. The road ahead will be rough but its how you maintain the head on your shoulders and keep moving forward that matters.
3. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as Clicktivated, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
When times get challenging learn how to strategically adjust. There will be plenty of people looking to give their two cents but the key is to know when to use their advice and when to not. Adjusting on the fly based on all the advice given to you and the company youre trying to build is a recipe for disaster. Its how you digest the information and understand what works best and what doesnt. Always take the time to think before making any strategic decisions.
4. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at Clicktivated, and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
Building and establishing relationships with our customers is something that is vital to the growth of Clicktivated. Were always listening to what our clients are looking for as time is valuable to them. We practice what we preach, so being able to provide our clients with an efficient and quick turnaround is extremely important to us.
5. What is the one overriding belief that Clicktivated has about what it is doing?
The ability to provide all consumers the ability to easily access any product or information in video that is of interest to them is something we are passionate about.
6. In todays fast changing business environment, what do you do to keep up with the changes? What do you read to stay abreast of things?
As todays digital landscape is always changing, we make it a point to understand the landscape and the current benefits and shortcomings of what is being offered. As a company, we feel this helps prepare us for the next big thing and better understand what consumers are inclined to want more of. I like to read The Wall Street Journal and most major digital tech publications. When pressed for time, Twitter is a go to of mine as it provides a quick and easy way to stay up to date.
7. What is your Why? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead Clicktivated?
What keeps me going is knowing I have a great team, amazing technology/product and support system surrounding me. You need to know when to give yourself a break mentally and physically. Understand that and you will help yourself stay fresh and not continually burn out.
8. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
Shoe Dog by Phil Knight. Nike is a powerhouse brand that a lot of companies can learn from. Learning about his journey (both professionally and personal) is insightful and inspiring.
9. In one sentence, can you tell us what the most important thing about being a leader is?
The most important thing about being a leader is leading by example. Setting a good representation for your team is one of the most important aspects when building a successful company and navigating an ever changing landscape.
10. In one sentence, can you give some advice to fellow entrepreneurs wishing to build a company as exciting as Clicktivated ?
My advice to fellow entrepreneurs would be to stay the course but dont be afraid to fail along the way. The road to building a business will have lots of ups and downs and is never going to be easy, its ultimately how you learn from your mistakes that helps you grow and flourish.
Chris, we would like to have some fun and do our famous First Reaction round with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only.
Here you go!
1. In three words or less, What makes a successful CEO?
Trust, dedication, loyalty
2. Describe Clicktivated in one word?
3. Describe Clicktivated customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee for Clicktivated?
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about Clicktivated?
6. In three words or less, describe your passion?
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
Selflessness, hard-work, drive
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at Clicktivated?
Exciting, stressful, rewarding
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
Grounded, wiser, creative
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English Language?
Chris Roebuck, thank you so much for sitting down with us at our DotCom Magazine Impact Player Round Table. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping others to learn more about your company and what it takes to be a leader. We we wish you, your family, and of course Clicktivated, nothing but the best. Thanks again!
The Chris Roebuck Roundtable Interview brought to you by DotCom Magazine.