Jacob Cline is the CEO of Chicago Marketing. Jacob Cline is a thought leader, influencer, and a risk taker, and provides the vision and energy that has inspired the creation of Chicago Marketing. Jacob Cline joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has awarded Chicago Marketing as an Impact Company of 2019, and we are delighted to have Jacob join us for our Leader Round Table Interview. The Chicago Marketing story is very interesting, and we are very excited to not only interview Jacob about his very successful business and entrepreneurial spirit, but also put Jacob through our popular speed round as well.
Jacob, thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview, and answering some questions about leadership, your vision, and your passion.
1. Can you describe what the “elevator pitch” for Chicago Marketing is?
We bridge in the gap between everyday products and everyday people.
2. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give CEO’s just starting out regarding keeping a company moving forward, and please tell us the key to your company’s success?
All eyes are on you – make sure to make your job look fun – we focus on hiring really good people, preferably ones that are smarter than me.
3. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as Chicago Marketing, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
4. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at Chicago Marketing, and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
Our customers are our employees / our clients have the customer – we just help them in the acquisition process; that is what makes them fall in love with us. It
allows us to continue to build our portfolio of public trading companies.
5. What is the one overriding belief that Chicago Marketing has about what it is doing?
Put your people in a position to win, while explaining its learned through a process focused around progression not trying to be perfect.
6. In today’s fast changing business environment, what do you do to keep up with the changes? What do you read to stay abreast of things?
Its incredible how fast technology changes things. We try and embrace new tech and focus on evolving so we aren’t left behind. Biz Dev & recruiting are the backbone.
7. What is your “Why”? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead Chicago Marketing?
My answer is different. I get up in the morning to become a better trainer and make sure I am sharing the same opportunities I have, I can help others grow faster through my experiences hopefully with a faster learning curve.
8. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
The Business of Happiness Ted Leonis as I mentioned earlier the mind set and focus circled around having the right outlook. So many people focus on teaching technique.
9. In one sentence, can you tell us what the most important thing about being a leader is?
Technique can be lost or obsolete with technological advances but by teaching mindset you can create someone to learn to become self sufficient.
10. In one sentence, can you give some advice to fellow entrepreneurs wishing to build a company as exciting as Chicago Marketing ?
Make sure like anyone in the top of their respective industry, you’re taking good care of yourself and have a plan that is yours, not someone else’s.
Jacob, we would like to have some fun and do our famous “First Reaction” round with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only.
Here you go!
1. In three words or less, What makes a successful CEO?
Honest, driven, committed
2. Describe Chicago Marketing in one word?
3. Describe Chicago Marketing customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee for Chicago Marketing?
We focus on the individual development. (intelligence/experience/image)
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about Chicago Marketing?
Going back to my belief our customers are our employees the clients actually get the customers… our employees are motivated.
6. In three words or less, describe your passion?
Investing into people
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
Don’t give up
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at Chicago Marketing?
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
I’m a Better person
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English Language?
Jacob Cline, thank you so much for sitting down with us at our DotCom Magazine Impact Player Round Table. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping others to learn more about your company and what it takes to be a leader. We we wish you, your family, and of course Chicago Marketing, nothing but the best.
The Jacob Cline Roundtable Interview brought to you by DotCom Magazine.