Justin Lefkovitch is the CEO and Founder of Mirrored Media. Justin Lefkovitch is a thought leader, influencer, and risk taker, and provides the vision and energy that has inspired the creation of Mirrored Media. Justin Lefkovitch joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has awarded Mirrored Media as an Impact Company of 2019, and we are delighted to have Justin join us for our Leader Round Table Interview. The Mirrored Media story is very interesting, and we are very excited to not only interview Justin about his very successful business and entrepreneurial spirit, but also put Justin through our popular speed round as well.
Justin, thank so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview, and answering some questions about leadership, your vision, and your passion.
1. Can you describe what the “elevator pitch” for Mirrored Media is?
Mirrored Media is an innovative experiential marketing firm that creates high-impact, enduring lifestyle campaigns. We help our clients engage with their target audiences through authentic, stand-out experiences that are a win-win for talent, the brand, and ultimately, the fan.
2. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give CEO’s just starting out regarding keeping a company moving forward, and please tell us the key to your company’s success?
Identifying cash flow is essential. As a new company, you’re most likely going to be collaborating with clients that are a little bit risky. They are taking a chance on you, but you are taking a chance on them too, so your business needs to identify and project cash flow in order to cover overhead and expenses. You also need to maintain a company culture that makes sense. For us, passion is everything. What makes Mirrored Media successful is the way we invest in passionate people and passionate clients. We partner with clients who want to collaborate on events that generate the most impact, and that we would want to go to ourselves.
3. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as Mirrored Media, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
When times get tough, perseverance is all you have. Stick to it, and have faith in yourself, your idea, and the people around you. Because being an entrepreneur naturally comes with a lot of ups and downs, you need to learn to identify what actually is a down, versus a flaw in the business. This gets tricky, but you have to be able to tell when a rough patch is the result of the natural highs and lows of business, or a legitimate problem with your product or plan.
4. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at Mirrored Media, and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
Client satisfaction is our number one priority. Everything that we create is 100% custom-tailored to our client’s goals, their KPI’s, and their target demographic. Our heart and soul goes into every project we engage with, and because of that, our retention rates are extremely high. Ultimately, our goal for every client is to have them experience transformational results.
5. What is the one overriding belief that Mirrored Media has about what it is doing?
At the end of the day, we are creating immersive, buzzworthy experiences that connect brands to their target audiences in unique and authentic ways. Our experiences play into both people’s heartshare and mindshare, generating a genuine emotional connection between the brand and the fan.
6. In today’s fast changing business environment, what do you do to keep up with the changes? What do you read to stay abreast of things?
We go to as many events and experiences as we can, to take part in everything first-hand, as well as staying on top of social media trends/platforms. Additionally, we attend all beneficial conferences relating to experiential content, so that we can always engage with what’s going on in the space and what’s next. When it comes to publications, BizBash is a great source that is genuinely up-to-date on all major trends in the experiential space.
7. What is your “Why”? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead Mirrored Media?
I love to create something out of nothing, and work with incredible brands and talent along the way. This job is a ton of hard work and headache, but when you get to see your ideas shape a brand over time, or witness an audience’s reaction to something amazing that you created…that’s priceless. Along the way, the job itself keeps me in peak performance. Things change or shift every two seconds, so I have to stay alert and on my toes to make it all work.
8. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi. It’s basically a guide to networking in a socially healthy, mutually beneficial manner. Steve McBeth, the founding president of Disney interactive gave me this book when I was in college and I found it extremely beneficial when starting my professional career. Networking can often have a negative perception, because it is frequently done in a tasteless way, but Never Eat Alone takes a human approach to establishing fruitful, mutually symbiotic relationships.
9. In one sentence, can you tell us what the most important thing about being a leader is?
The most important thing about being a leader is to understand the unique offerings and challenges of your team members, so that you can help them achieve their full potential.
10. In one sentence, can you give some advice to fellow entrepreneurs wishing to build a company as exciting as Mirrored Media?
If you find your passion and fully believe in what you are doing, then everything else will follow.
Justin, we would like to have some fun and do our famous “First Reaction” round with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only.
1. In three words or less, What makes a successful CEO?
Passion and patience.
2. Describe Mirrored Media in one word?
3. Describe Mirrored Media customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee for Mirrored Media?
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about Mirrored Media?
6. In three words or less, describe your passion?
Results driven creative.
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
Perseverance. Drive. Confidence.
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at Mirrored Media?
Broom closet office.
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
Much less sleep.
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English Language?
Justin Lefkovitch, thank you so much for sitting down with us at our DotCom Magazine Impact Player Round Table. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping others to learn more about your company and what it takes to be a leader. We we wish you, your family, and of course Mirrored Media, nothing but the best. Thanks again!
The Justin Lefkovitch Roundtable Interview brought to you by DotCom Magazine.