Michael Garrison is the CEO of AutoSource Autos. Michael Garrison is a thought leader, influencer, and risk taker, and provides the vision and energy that has inspired the creation of AutoSource Autos. Michael Garrison joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has awarded AutoSource Autos as an Impact Company of 2019, and we are delighted to have Michael join us for our Leader Round Table Interview. The AutoSource Autos story is very interesting, and we are very excited to not only interview Michael about his very successful business and entrepreneurial spirit, but also put Michael through our popular speed round as well.
Michael, thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview, and answering some questions about leadership, your vision, and your passion.
1. Can you describe what the “elevator pitch” for AutoSource Autos is?
AutoSource Autos is a photo, video and data collection company operating in the automotive industry. Along with our partners we disseminate the photos, video and data we collect to many third parties like AutoTrader.com, Cars.com, SpinCar.com Ebay.com and many many more. We process approximately 175,000 vehicles yearly and 8.2 million photos and videos.
2. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give CEO’s just starting out regarding keeping a company moving forward, and please tell us the key to your company’s success?
Know what you do well, and stay focused on that until you have built a solid foundation. To many CEO’s early on are concerned with diversifying their company. Your foundation includes a strong team, and you will live and die by their success. The key to my success was not a college degree in a prestigious school, but being able to identify the talent in others leveraging that to my benefit, and ultimately their success.
3. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as AutoSource Autos, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
Stay the course don’t jump off the ship. We all hit rough waters so stay open to change and be humble enough to look at yourself and see what you can do better. Wasting your time and blaming your staff is simply weak. The company failure or success depends on how well you can lead.
4. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at AutoSource Autos, and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
Our company believes in this moto: We are not a vendor, were a partner. A partner sticks by you and is concerned about your business. A partner always goes above and beyond what any vendor will do. We are also quick to resolve situations. We don’t let problems linger into tomorrow. Tomorrow will have its own challenges, so fix it today!
5. What is the one overriding belief that AutoSource Autos has about what it is doing?
We believe that as technology evolves, our product will become more valuable in the marketplace. The car buying experience is becoming more engaging. Pushing this technology will require that we continue to reinvest in ourselves, our processes and our staff. We need to be nimble enough to change course quickly and accept new technologies.
6. In today’s fast changing business environment, what do you do to keep up with the changes?
What do you read to stay abreast of things? Each industry seems to have its own information sources Whether its trade shows, websites, publications, anything we can read that would affect our industry we are open to. As of late, networking platforms liked Linkedin have helped us tremendously. We are also open to new ideas. The idea of “we have always done it this way” is a trademark of a dying company.
7. What is your “Why”? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead AutoSource Autos?
First my wife and children push me to become better. I have also learned to take care of myself better. Being a CEO can become taxing on your body. I try to spend three days in the gym pushing myself physically, which helps clear my mind, and makes me more calm and more focused on the tasks that need to be completed that day. I also have surrounded myself with an executive staff that I deeply love and respect. Its a privilege that i work with them, and I don’t want to let them down.
8. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
The Bible. The Bible has helped me to appreciate that while business is important, my relationship with my creator is more important. Lessons in the Bible that deal with Honesty, Respect, and Love permeate my decisions and actions though out my day.
9. In one sentence, can you tell us what the most important thing about being a leader?
Be humble enough to vacuum the floors and take out the trash.
10. In one sentence, can you give some advice to fellow entrepreneurs wishing to build a company as exciting as AutoSource Autos?
Stay the course. If you have a good mouse trap, stick with that trap. Don’t diversify to quickly. Find out what your strengths are and capitalize on those. Find out what your weaknesses are and hire someone to fill in your weak points. Your not as good as you think your are so surround yourself with people who make you better.
Michael, we would like to have some fun and do our famous “First Reaction” round with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only.
Here you go!
1. In three words or less, What makes a successful CEO?
Sleep, Tenacity, Passion
2. Describe AutoSource Autos in one word?
3. Describe AutoSource Autos customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee for AutoSource Autos?
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about AutoSource Autos?
6. In three words or less, describe your passion?
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at AutoSource Autos?
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
Focus Drive Passion
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English Language?
Michael Garrison, thank you so much for sitting down with us at our DotCom Magazine Impact Player Round Table. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping others to learn more about your company and what it takes to be a leader. We we wish you, your family, and of course AutoSource Autos, nothing but the best.
The Michael Garrison Roundtable Interview brought to you by DotCom Magazine.