Daniel Neiditch is the CEO of The Atelier Condo. Daniel is a thought leader, influencer, visionary, and real estate entrepreneur. Daniel provides the leadership and energy that has inspired the creation of The Atelier Condo. Daniel Neiditch joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has recently awarded The Atelier Condo with our Impact Company of 2019 award. We are delighted to have Daniel join us for our Leader Roundtable Interview and our popular speed round as well.
Daniel, thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview about your company, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
1. What is the elevator pitch for The Atelier Condo?
The Atelier Condo offers New Yorkers the ultimate, personalized experience in luxury living.
2. What is the key to your companys success?
Two intertwined strategies help me build and maintain my business: being proactive and staying aggressive. Im always looking for new projects because I enjoy being at the forefront of the market. And when Im determined to tackle a project, I go for it all the way.
3. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give entrepreneurs just starting out with a new venture?
First, trust yourself. Usually, your first decision is the right one. You need to stick to your guns and dont let others dissuade you from what it is you truly want to do. Never give up something youre passionate about.
Second, never stop learning about your industry, your market, whatever your passion is. If youre not on top of trends, you cant make good decisions. I like the Warren Buffet quote: What we learn from history is that people don't learn from history. Meaning, dont just study trends of the future, study the trends of the past, too. The blunders made by predecessors can help you figure out what mistakes to avoid today.
4. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as yours, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
Youre only human and mistakes are bound to happen, especially as you begin your career. One of the biggest challenges and mistakes I experienced was trusting the wrong people with numbers and advice. Because of this, I now make all the final decisions. The way I think about trust has changed as I never assume anyone else is doing the work for me, which is why its important to evaluate and review every step of your projects process to ensure everything is in place.
Dont be constantly suspicious because that wont do you any good either, but do trust your own knowledge and instincts before assuming someone elses approach or idea is better.
5. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at The Atelier Condo, and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
The Atelier Condos very business model demands that we provide the best for our clients. We need to ensure that we provide the most meticulous, personalized experience in luxury living to each and every one of our residents.
Staying committed to our residents helps us build trusting relationships with lasting results. Seeing as we rent to a lot of celebrity residents, were also known for our security and discretion. Without that commitment, we wouldnt have built the reputation for which The Atelier Condo is known.
6. In todays fast changing business environment, how do you stay abreast of things?
As mentioned above, I never stop learning about the industry from current news reports and historical trends. I read a lot about new real estate projects and ideas at home and abroad. These approaches led me to become more aware and explore my passion for solar energy, and now The Atelier Condo is now the tallest building with solar panels in New York City.
Im always looking for new ways to make my properties more sustainable and environmentally friendly. I think in a city with 8 million people that uses so much energy, NYC should lead the way in this regard. NYC residents deserve better.
7. What is your Why? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead The Atelier Condo?
I love the challenge of working on new assets. My passion for solar energy and sustainability help fuel my investments in real estate and my advocacy for clean energy in NYC.
In terms of peak performance, I focus on consistently managing my assets by crunching numbers. When youre an investor or entrepreneur, you need to learn to calculate what ideas are worthwhile investments and what ideas are too risky. I never take on a new investment or project unless I know the cost is stable and the tax implications are beneficial.
8. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
Made to Stick is a great book which breaks down why some ideas are successful and why others fail. I like constantly learning so I typically read non-fiction books that I hope will teach me something.
I encourage other entrepreneurs to think the same way. Once you think youre done researching everything about your business, you put yourself at an increased risk of failure. Youre no longer looking for the next innovation that can take your company to new heights. Also, overconfidence can lead to bad, near-sighted decisions.
9. When communicating with your staff, can you tell us the most important thing you do so that they are able to carry out the objectives that you set forth at The Atelier Condo?
My staff helps source a lot of ideas that I later assess. One of the key aspects of communicating and working with my staff — whether its agents, contractors or building management — is staying present, engaged and listening. I like taking an active approach in every aspect of a project because it makes me a better person and it makes for better business decisions.
10. Can you explain what leadership means to you?
Leadership requires consistency. Being consistent and even-minded allows others, from staff to clients, to see you as trustworthy; you cant trust someone whos always changing their mind. I think of it as a discipline that has become an everyday habit. I ensure due diligence in everything I touch but especially in my career and company, River 2 River Realty. Without consistency, I wouldnt be able to lead anything, especially a successful company.
We would like to have some fun and do a speed round with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only.
Here you go!
1. In three words or less, what makes a successful CEO?
Learning, risk-taking, self-reliance.
2. Describe your business in one word?
3. Describe your customers in one word?
4. What is one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee?
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about your company?
6. In three words or less, describe your passion?
My passion being solar energy: The future.
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
Consistency, numbers, vision.
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at The Atelier Condo?
A game changer.
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
Knowing my capability.
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English language?
Daniel Neiditch, thank you so much for sitting down with us for our DotCom Magazine Leader Roundtable Interview Series. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping our readers learn more about what it takes to be a leader. We wish you, your family, and of course Atelier Condo, nothing but the best.
Daniel Neiditch, CEO of Atelier Condo, The Leader Roundtable Interview Series