David Nackley is the CEO of David Nackley Financial. David is a thought leader, influencer, visionary, and successful entrepreneur. David provides the leadership and energy that has inspired the creation of David Nackley Financial. David Nackley joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has recently awarded David Nackley Financial with our Impact Company of 2019 award. We are delighted to have David join us for our Leader Roundtable Interview and our popular “speed round” as well.
David, thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview about your company, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
1. What is the “elevator pitch” for David Nackley Financial?
David Nackley Financial is a focused advisory firm that helps entrepreneurs and business people focus on the key drivers that lead to success. We have the capabilities and knowledge to address the needs of business at different stages of development, from managing finances, marketing your product or service better, to focusing research and development activities and improving operational performance.
2. What is the key to your company’s success?
We take a holistic approach Our Business Advisory team develops and offers tailored, innovative and comprehensive solutions for specific client business needs that may not require the expression of opinions based on professional standards. The main objective of offering business advisory services is to bring more focus to the value proposition by delivering a broader range of advisory services and competencies.
3. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give entrepreneurs just starting out with a new venture?
- Be aware of your body language, tone of voice and facial expressions, as well as words you use. These will reveal a lot about you.
- Success is the result of hardwork, perfection, learning from failure, loyalty and persistence.
- Time management and staying organized is about making your available time serve your needs. Each decision should be based upon what you are trying to achieve. Goal setting makes it much easier to make the right decisions.
- Don’t put off tasks or avoid them because they aren’t fun or do not offer immediate gratification. Always strive to do what must be done.
- Seek counsel and opinions from others you respect and admire.
4. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as yours, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
Be more patient, listen more and talk less. Sometimes youthful exuberance and energy can hold you back. Understanding all facets of the problem/situation can be more helpful then proceeding down the path to solving a problem quickly in order to impress the boss/team.
5. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at David Nackley Financial, and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
It is the most important part of our business. Our customers are paying us to do a job and provide them something that they do not have in house. While we want to be objective and provide a solution we must make sure we are listening and understanding their thoughts and their objectives.
6. In today’s fast changing business environment, how do you stay abreast of things?
I love to read and Kindle and the iPad have made staying abreast of the latest news and reading of books so much easier for a person like myself always on the go.
7. What is your “Why”? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead David Nackley Financial?
Every day is a gift. It is a chance to help a client or a new prospect improve their business, grow the business, provide jobs and careers in a community. Seeing my clients succeed and do well is what drives me.
My typical day begins with an early morning run/bicycle ride. This allows me to get my mind clear and focused for the upcoming day. I then start dealing with my email correspondence between clients and vendors. I try to segment my days and work on my most importance tasks that I have prioritized. I do my best to take care of these tasks early before I begin getting interrupted by emails, phone calls, meetings or texts. Prioritizing my day helps me keep organized and refreshed and lets me work through a lot more tasks and projects
8. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
“Make You Bed”, written by Admiral William H. McRaven. I am constantly re-reading chapters for their simplicity and relevance in everyday life and problems.
9. When communicating with your staff, can you tell us the most important thing you do so that they are able to carry out the objectives that you set forth at David Nackley Financial?
Our staff meetings are very lively and open discussions because we value every ones opinions and points of view. One way we make sure that we are stay focused is we do not allow electronics (iPhones,ipads laptops (unless making a presentation)) in the room. There are no outside distractions. This has been a very effective way to detach people for a little while and have everyone focus on our agenda.
10. Can you explain what leadership means to you?
I am going to answer this with a favorite quote of mine;
“The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.”
The will to succeed that drive emanating from what you do day in day out that is what makes people want to follow you and you a successful leader.
We would like to have some fun and do a “speed round” with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only.
Here you go!
1. In three words or less, what makes a successful CEO?
Enthusiasm, Drive, Be Objective
2. Describe your business in one word?
3. Describe your customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee?
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about your company?
6. In three words or less, describe your passion?
Exhilarating, Frustrating, Persevering
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
Passion, Drive, Enthusiasm
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at David Nackley Financial?
Exciting, Frustrating, Rewarding
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
Humbled, Matured, Rewarded
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English language?
David Nackley, thank you so much for sitting down with us for our DotCom Magazine Leader Roundtable Interview Series. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping our readers learn more about what it takes to be a leader. We wish you, your family, and of course David Nackley Financial, nothing but the best. Thanks again!
David Nackley, CEO of David Nackley Financial, The Leader Roundtable Interview Series