Hussam Hammo is the CEO of Tamatem Inc.. Hussam Hammo is a thought leader, influencer, visionary, and successful entrepreneur. Hussam provides the leadership and energy that has inspired the creation of Tamatem Inc.. Hussam Hammo joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has recently awarded Tamatem Inc. with our Impact Company of 2019 award, and we are delighted to have Jawanna join us for our Leader Round Table Interview.
The Tamatem Inc. story is very interesting. We are very excited to interview Hussam, and also put Hussam through our popular speed round as well. Hussam, thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview, and answering some questions about leadership, your vision, and your passion.
1. What is the “elevator pitch” for Tamatem Inc.?
Tamatem is the leading mobile games publisher in the Arabic speaking market. Tamatem works hand-in-hand with international game developers to localize their mobile games and make them culturally relevant for the Arab gamer.
2. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give CEO’s just starting out regarding keeping a company moving forward, and please tell us the key to your company’s success?
Hiring good people is the key to success, as a CEO you will not be able to do everything on your own, and you will realize that there are many areas you need smarter people than you are to help you cover. Don’t compromise on hiring and don’t compromise on company culture because it’s the best way to retain key employees.
3. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as yours, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
Focus on generating revenue early on. Many companies spend months or even years building technologies before really testing the market. Fundraising is not easy and you need to sustain yourself. Once the company has traction and become sustainable fundraising becomes much easier, and you will have the time to build your dream product.
4. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at Tamatem Inc., and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
The satisfaction of our users is super important to us, that’s why we have a dedicated community and support team that works 24/7 always be available for our users. We measure satisfaction levels to put targets for the team and so far we have been receiving a lot of positive feedback from all our users.
5. What is the one thing Tamatem Inc. does to have great communication with their customers?
Apart from having a full time customer support team, our social media accounts have very high engagement levels. Saudi Arabia is the most socially active country in the world, that’s we focus on always creating engaging content for our users through channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and Twitter. We utilize these tools to listen to our users, get feedback and promote the games themselves.
6. In today’s fast changing business environment, how do you stay abreast of things?
Focus. I think it is really important to stay focused and remember the vision you want to achieve. I make sure to keep up with other gaming companies and startups from all around by reading a lot of online publications.
7. What is your “Why”? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead Tamatem Inc.?
My why is to see Tamatem grow into the best Arabic mobile games publisher. To do that we need to have a kick-ass team (which we already have), have a lot of patience and to always lead by example.
8. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
One of the books I really like is 22 immutable laws of branding. It made me see the world from a different perspective. I started paying attention to the small details and thinking that, if I ever will have a company, I will try to follow the rules. Another book I really like is the 7 habits of highly effective people. These are timeless rules and can help you become a better person.
9. When communicating with your staff, can you tell us the most important thing you do so that they are able to carry out the objectives that you set forth at Tamatem Inc.?
I spend a good amount of time explaining the ‘why’ instead of how I expect my team to do things. If everyone understands why do they need to do something, what is the purpose of it, they will feel they are part of the solution and will go above and beyond to make sure what they do gives good results
10. In one sentence, can you give some advice to fellow entrepreneurs wishing to build a company as exciting as Tamatem Inc.?
The only limitation to your success is yourself. You can achieve anything you want by being persistent and having an open mind.
We would like to have some fun and do a “Speed Round” with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only.
Here you go!
1. In three words or less, What makes a successful CEO?
Stay Humble and keep learning everyday
2. Describe your business in one word?
3. Describe your customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee?
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about your company?
6. In three words or less, describe your passion?
Playing Arabic games
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
Believing, persistence and learning
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at Tamatem Inc.?
It was the best year! Doing everything from scratch
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
Calmed me down and I became more patient
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English Language?
Hussam Hammo, Thank you so much for sitting down with us at our DotCom Magazine Leader Round Table. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping others learn more about what it takes to be a leader. We hope your interview helps our readers, and we wish you, your family, and of course Tamatem Inc., nothing but the best.
Hussam Hammo, CEO of Tamatem Inc., The Leader Roundtable Interview Series