Mary Juetten is the CEO of Traklight. Mary is a thought leader, influencer, visionary, and successful entrepreneur. Mary provides the leadership and energy that has inspired the creation of Traklight. Mary Juetten joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has recently awarded Traklight with our Impact Company of 2019 award. We are delighted to have Mary join us for our Leader Roundtable Interview and our popular “speed round” as well.
Mary, thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview about your company, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
1. What is the “elevator pitch” for Traklight?
Starting and growing a business is hard but it’s almost impossible if you do not build the right foundation. Tralight’s platform provides a dynamic roadmap to minimize risk and leverage your valuable assets. Within minutes you can identify your next steps and any valuable intellectual property.
2. What is the key to your company’s success?
Persistence and flexibility to meet clients needs.
3. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give entrepreneurs just starting out with a new venture?
It’s important to sweat the small stuff – do not run off and start a business without a company structure, signing proper agreements, and identifying and protecting your ideas and assets.
4. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as yours, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
Listen to your gut. Never operate on a handshake or use the internet as a lawyer. And most importantly do not give up.
5. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at Traklight, and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
We have been listening to customers since our alpha version – yes hard copy list of questions that were the first attempt at our DIY questionnaire. We invite feedback all the time.
6. In today’s fast changing business environment, how do you stay abreast of things?
We are always reading and writing about the topics that matter to our customers.
7. What is your “Why”? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead Traklight?
My why is a drive to be successful and I define success as being happy and having those around me also be happy. My biggest secrets are post-its and lists plus trying to get as much sleep as I can every night.
8. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
The Four Agreements – it’s not really a business book but it’s powerful (and short). I particularly like the idea that what others say is really about them, so do not take it personally. Life changing as I don’t react to what people say, I try to figure out the why and discover common ground.
9. When communicating with your staff, can you tell us the most important thing you do so that they are able to carry out the objectives that you set forth at Traklight?
We have been working virtually for years and sometimes meet in person. I think the most important thing that I can do is to set an objective and let people do what they do best. Also, to say please and thank you.
10. Can you explain what leadership means to you?
Leadership is all about listening. I have learned this in the last few years and wish I knew sooner.
We would like to have some fun and do a “speed round” with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only.
Here you go!
1. In three words or less, what makes a successful CEO?
Empathic fair listener.
2. Describe your business in one word?
3. Describe your customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee?
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about your company?
6. In three words or less, describe your passion?
Make a difference.
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
Professional Polite Persistence
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at Traklight?
Frightening exciting wild
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
Patience and Persistence.
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English language?
Mary Juetten, thank you so much for sitting down with us for our DotCom Magazine Leader Roundtable Interview Series. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping our readers learn more about what it takes to be a leader. We wish you, your family, and of course Traklight, nothing but the best.
Mary Juetten, CEO of Traklight, The Leader Roundtable Interview Series