Cindy Koebele is the CEO of TitleSmart. Cindy Koebele is a thought leader, influencer, visionary, and successful entrepreneur. Cindy provides the leadership and energy that has inspired the creation of TitleSmart. Cindy Koebele joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has recently awarded TitleSmart our Impact Company of 2019 award, and we are delighted to have Cindy join us for our Leader Round Table Interview.
The TitleSmart story is very interesting, and we are very excited to not only interview Cindy about her very successful business and entrepreneurial spirit, but also put Cindy through our popular speed round as well. Cindy, thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview, and answering some questions about leadership, your vision, and your passion.
1. What is the “elevator pitch” for TitleSmart?
Titlesmart, Inc. is a full-service title insurance and escrow settlement services company dedicated to providing clients with exceptional residential and commercial real estate closing solutions.
2. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give CEOs just starting out regarding keeping a company moving forward, and please tell us the key to your company’s success?
The key to TitleSmart’s success has always been putting the customer first. We believe that it is the little things that make the BIG difference. By always putting our customer front and center we have been able to build a successful business in a competitive market.
For those just starting out, I would suggest focusing on what you do best and then add from there. Can you beat out the competition with your fast response time? Focus on that! Whatever it is, build your business around that strength!
3. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as yours, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
When times are challenging you have to just keep pushing through. One of my mottos is “stop making excuses and just do it”! Don’t focus on the things going wrong, focus on what you can control and don’t make excuses as to why you can’t do those things to make your business successful.
Always do what you say you are going to do. People are counting on you when you make a commitment to them, even if it’s just to stop for fast food. If you say you’re going to stop and grab it, then do it. Otherwise, people will stop asking you.
4. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at TitleSmart, and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
Client satisfaction is always the end goal for TitleSmart. If you don’t have client satisfaction, you have no business! We go above and beyond to make sure our clients have whatever they need and we will also do whatever it takes to ensure they have a positive and unique experience. From our cozy closing offices, fun branded trinkets, and friendly front desk staff, every decision comes from the ideas of “how can we better the experience for our customers and how can we turn our customers into fans?”
To make sure our customers are raving fans we ask for feedback! While it is great to get positive feedback, we also want to be sure if there was a complaint or someone that wasn’t happy, we address it immediately. I will reach out to unhappy customers personally to make things right for them. It’s vital to make sure an unhappy customer does not fall through the cracks.
5. What is the one thing TitleSmart does to have great communication with their customers?
We keep our customers up to date throughout the entire closing process via phone, mail and email and it’s our mission to respond to every customer quickly. I like to brag that we have a response time like no other. Buying a home is very personal for some of our customers and can be an emotional time, so it’s important that we are taking care to provide that extra stress-free assurance that everything is going smoothly.
6. In today’s fast changing business environment, how do you stay abreast of things?
We are always challenging our staff and leaders to continue their education. We have an in-house training team for not only new staff but also the most experienced closers to ensure everyone is up to date on what’s new.
Personally, I challenge myself to always be reading a book or listening to one on Audible that relates to my business. It could be motivational, or tips on how I can use my time better. Whatever it is, I put what I learned into place and then pass on that new knowledge to my staff.
7. What is your “Why”? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead TitleSmart?
I started TitleSmart so I could provide a customer experience that wasn’t available in my current market space. My “Why” has always been the customer experience. I could have stayed at my old company, but knew that I was never going to be able to implement the little things that I knew were essential for enhancing the customers experience at the level that I was passionate about.
I am always trying to gain knowledge from experts and mentors on how I can be a better leader. And once I have put one of those tips into practice and it works for me, I am never shy to share it with my team! When my team is successful, so am I.
8. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
One recent book I read that made an immediate impact was “Be Obsessed or Be Average” by Grant Cardone. I learned that not only do I need to be obsessed with my business, my staff need to be obsessed too! And if I have a staff member that isn’t obsessed, I am happy to help them find what it is that will make them happy. A business can’t be successful without the whole team working towards the same goals and mission.
9. When communicating with your staff, can you tell us the most important thing you do so that they are able to carry out the objectives that you set forth at TitleSmart?
Aside from being direct and clear with my objectives, it is essential that I listen to my staff. I have to be present and patient when talking with them and allow them time to let their voice be heard and convey their message and intention to me and others.
It is also important to let your staff know of your company’s goals. Whether big or small, let your whole company know what your goals are for the year so they can help you achieve them!
10. In one sentence, can you give some advice to fellow entrepreneurs wishing to build a company as exciting as TitleSmart?
Remember, it’s the little things that make the BIG difference. ™
We would like to have some fun and do a “Speed Round” with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only.
Here you go!
1. In three words or less, What makes a successful CEO?
2. Describe your business in one word?
3. Describe your customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee?
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about your company?
6. In three words or less, describe your passion?
Title, Customers, Experience
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
Drive, fortitude, growth
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at TitleSmart?
Exhilarating, terrifying, inspiring
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
Open Minded, Humbled
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English Language?
Cindy Koebele, Thank you so much for sitting down with us at our DotCom Magazine Leader Round Table. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping others learn more about what it takes to be a leader. We hope your interview helps our readers, and we wish you, your family, and of course TitleSmart, nothing but the best.