Denny Halleron is the CEO of Carcierge Inc. Denny is a thought leader, influencer, visionary, and successful entrepreneur. Denny provides the leadership and energy that has inspired the creation of Carcierge Inc. . Denny Halleron joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has recently awarded Carcierge Inc. with our Impact Company of 2019 award. We are delighted to have Denny join us for our Leader Roundtable Interview, and our popular “speed round” as well.
Denny, thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview about your company, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
1. What is the “elevator pitch” for Carcierge, Inc.?
Discover a better way to buy a car! As an independent auto expert, I work for you directly to search, negotiate, and deliver the exact New or Pre-Owned Car that you want.
2. What is the key to your company’s success?
There are two. The first key: I saw a need and found a way to meet it.
Research shows that most people dread the process of buying a car. They often lack the time needed for an extensive search, the expertise to recognize a good deal, or the confidence to negotiate a fair price. I decided to create a simple way to buy a car that would save clients
time, money, and stress. Carcierge works directly for the client as their personal car consultant, making their needs the most important part of the process.
The second key: we strive to deliver outstanding customer service that exceeds client expectations.
3. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give entrepreneurs just starting out with a new venture?
Research your competition and have a very clear understanding of what makes your product or service unique. Embrace the steep learning curve as a way to refine and perfect your process.
4. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as yours, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
Take a deep breath and keep going. There are always going to be peaks and valleys. It helps to have a cash cushion for the lean times and the ability to adapt to changing short term conditions. But slow and steady wins the race. Stay positive, trust your vision, and believe in the value of your service. Be resilient.
5. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at Carcierge Inc., and how do youmake sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
Since I work one-on-one with clients, their satisfaction is the number one priority. I work hard to take the pain out of the car buying process, making their experience fast, efficient, and affordable. The goal is really to do all the leg work and anticipate all the problems so that they can pick up the keys at delivery and drive away. Most are amazed at how smoothly it goes. I’m committed to building long-term relationships, and many of my clients return to Carcierge for all their new and used car purchases. Their good experience helps to spread the word. As a result, most of my business is from referrals.
6. In today’s fast changing business environment, how do you stay abreast of things?
There’s so much content from so many sources that I tend to focus on internet reports that follow auto industry trends.
7. What is your “Why?” Why do you get up in the morning and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead Carcierge Inc.?
When you love what you do, it doesn’t feel like work. It energizes you. This company allows me to take my years of auto sales and service expertise and channel it into a service that helps people. I get tremendous satisfaction from problem-solving. Whether it’s finding a specific luxury car or a reliable car for a new teen driver, each situation presents a new challenge. The customer feedback in the form of thank you notes, testimonials, positive reviews, and referrals lets me know I’m making a difference.
Staying in peak performance for me is a balance of nutrition, sleep, physical activity, and social engagement.
8. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
Many years ago, I read the classic Harvey MacKay book “Swim With the Sharks: Without Being Eaten Alive.” The primary lesson I learned is one that I’ve applied consistently throughout my career– the importance of understanding your customer. Everything flows from that.
9. When communicating with your staff, can you tell us the most important thing you do so that they are able to carry out the objectives that you set forth at Carcierge Inc.?
It’s a collaborative effort in which I try to listen as much as I speak. Being open to the insights and suggestions of others makes sure I don’t miss any details. It keeps the customer service bar high.
10. Can you explain what leadership means to you?
An effective leader listens and encourages, motivates and inspires.
We would like to have some fun and do a “speed round” with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only.
Here you go!
1. In three words or less, what makes a successful CEO?
Passion, Vision, Tenacity
2. Describe your business in one word?
3. Describe your customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee?
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about your company?
6. In three words or less, describe your passion?
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
Effort, Persistence, Resilience
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at Carcierge, Inc.?
A learning experience
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
Trust my abilities
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English language?
Denny Halleron, thank you so much for sitting down with us for our DotCom Magazine Leader Roundtable Interview Series. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping our readers learn more about what it takes to be a leader. We wish you, your family, and of course Carcierge Inc., nothing but the best.