Katie Larking is the CEO of B Toxic Free. Katie is a thought leader, influencer, visionary, and successful entrepreneur. Katie provides the leadership and energy that has inspired the creation of B Toxic Free. Katie Larking joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has recently awarded B Toxic Free with our Impact Company of 2019 award. We are delighted to have Katie join us for our Leader Roundtable Interview, and our popular speed round as well.
Katie, thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview about your company, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
1. What is the elevator pitch for B Toxic Free ?
A great percent of adults have chronic aches and pain so great it prevents them from being able to do the things they love to do each day. I am passionate about helping them find a solution because at one time, I Was There. I couldn't go to the gym, in fact, I found it difficult to move at all.
In a sense, I developed my own "PTSD". I was so depressed I wouldn't even go out to meet up with my friends. At times, I really wondered, what am I doing here?
I desperately wanted my life back and I was willing to do anything. I heard about this "Natural Solution" and made the decision to give it a try. Within a few months, I was feeling more like myself and found my friends were still my friends. They hadn't all gone away. I was back in the gym and enjoying every minute of it. I was able to get my life back.
How many people do you know who fit in that same category? Who do you know that could use what I found?
2. What is the key to your companys success?
I am passionate about what I do. It's not just because its my business, it's become my life. I am committed to working on myself everyday to become a better friend, family member, leader, and a better person. Everyday I look for ways to improve and enjoy better health for myself and my customers. My company is built around helping other people who want to find a life built around that commitment.
3. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give entrepreneurs just starting out with a new venture?
There are literally millions of ways to make money. Some ways will get you there faster but that does not guarantee you success. Success comes from finding what fits for you. You need to find the business that drives you to become better each day, then become the person people go looking for. Also, apply the Plan Do Review Cycle framework to ensure maximum effectiveness and learning.
4. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as yours, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
Constantly review yourself by asking, "Am I providing the necessary groundwork and tools for others to be able to follow?" "Is what I am doing duplicatable"
If you can answer "Yes", then stay focused on what you are providing. Anything that is worth something is going to present challenges. If things were easy, everyone would be doing it. Do not be afraid of being outside the box. Leaders are developed by doing things other people find uncomfortable doing. Challenge yourself frequently and don't be afraid of failure.
5. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at B Toxic Free , and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
Customer and client satisfaction is extremely important to my business. 85% of my paycheck each month is because of happy, healthy customers who come back month after month because they enjoy what they have found.
I go looking for the things people want to improve their lives, then I try to find a way to help them find it. I provide the tools. Once they are in my circle I continually review their needs and adjust or add to what I provide based on my analysis. In today's world, things change at a quick pace and you need to learn to keep up or you will become obsolete.
6. In todays fast changing business environment, how do you stay abreast of things?
I continue to read and study on a daily basis. I get feedback from my customers and team. This gives me a great perspective on what I am truly providing. I also watch and listen to successful people who have achieved what I am trying to accomplish.
7. What is your Why? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead B Toxic Free ?
I eat right with a balanced diet of fresh organic food. I am a product of my product and my own best customer. I believe in what I do and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone if I didn't honestly feel that it was the very best.
Each day I review my goals. I love listening to thought leaders in the industry and invest my time in this activity every day. This helps to keep my mind focused and my emotions in check. I review my goals and aspirations with my confidantes. This gives me the sounding board I need so I know I am always on the right track. It is easy to get distracted.
8. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
Questions are the Answers by Allan Pease. I read this book when I was in my early twenties. It really helped me because it put the focus on asking questions in a way that has inspired me into positive action. We are asking ourselves questions all day. It doesn't matter what the question is, your brain will try to find an answer. It will either inspire you into action or it will make you feel disempowered. I am always trying to ask helpful and empowering questions of myself and others. I agree with the statement the quality of your life is determined by the quality of the questions you ask.
9. When communicating with your staff, can you tell us the most important thing you do so that they are able to carry out the objectives that you set forth at B Toxic Free ?
I find out how they want to contribute, how they want to grow and what they can experience from the goal. Keeping this as the focus really helps to motivate people into action.
10. Can you explain what leadership means to you?
It is important to lead by example, however the heart of leadership is the development of people not the direction of things.
We would like to have some fun and do a speed round with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only.
Here you go!
1. In three words or less, what makes a successful CEO?
2. Describe your business in one word?
3. Describe your customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee?
Attitude. Attitude is everything. It governs the way you perceive the world and the way the world perceives you.
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about your company?
6. In three words or less, describe your passion?
Connecting with people
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
Vision, Belief, Commitment
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at B Toxic Free?
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
Experience, Growth, Contribution
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English language?
Katie Larking, thank you so much for sitting down with us for our DotCom Magazine Leader Roundtable Interview Series. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping our readers learn more about what it takes to be a leader. We wish you, your family, and of course B Toxic Free, nothing but the best.