Kevin McGrath is the CEO of The Original Toy Company. Kevin is a thought leader, influencer, visionary, and successful entrepreneur. Kevin provides the leadership and energy that has inspired the creation of The Original Toy Company . Kevin McGrath joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has recently awarded The Original Toy Company with our Impact Company of 2019 award. We are delighted to have Kevin join us for our Leader Roundtable Interview, and our popular “speed round” as well.
Kevin, thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview about your company, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
1. What is the “elevator pitch” for The Original Toy Company?
We are simply a company that has built a reputation as a Back to Basics Specialty Toy Company – designing and manufacturing specialty toys for the Specialty toy market. We are know as a Company that is a true specialty partner with all of our specialty customers.
2. What is the key to your company’s success?
Hard work , dedication , an supporting our customers 100 percent , an standing behind our products. An being a true partner an vendor to our customers.
3. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give entrepreneurs just starting out with a new venture?
Whatever business you start, make sure you know it, understand-it an want to go to work everyday. You must love what you are doing , because that love be reflect on your customers.
4. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as yours, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
Stay focused, believe in your self , an believe in what you are doing.
5. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at The Original Toy Company , and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
Your commitment is everything , an your commitment to your product an customers must shine thru 100% each an everyday.
Your customer will always remember there last transaction with your company , always make sure that it has been a positive experience for them.
6. In today’s fast changing business environment, how do you stay abreast of things?
Always make time to update yourself with education, market knowledge, communication skills, an customer relations.
7. What is your “Why”? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead The Original Toy Company ?
You have to want to get up every morning an Captain your own given ship , when you do not have that drive or positive feeling it’s time to step aside or find another career .
8. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
Tom PETERS , has written a great deal of business books , I would recommend his books dealing with Customer Service . I would also recommend the Stew Leonard Diary Store business model towards customers.
9. When communicating with your staff, can you tell us the most important thing you do so that they are able to carry out the objectives that you set forth at The Original Toy Company ?
When you communicate with staff you must always make sure everyone in the organization knows the company message an the company goal an how that relates to the company customers. Also most important – you must always listen to your staff, make sure they have a vested interest an feel they are always part of the success of the company.
10. Can you explain what leadership means to you?
Leadership – is everything , there are leaders and there are followers in life , each side always plays an important role in the success of any company. You have to know that leadership is always earned not given.
We would like to have some fun and do a “speed round” with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only.
Here you go!
1. In three words or less, what makes a successful CEO?
A good staff
2. Describe your business in one word?
3. Describe your customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee?
Dedication & Focus
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about your company?
6. In three words or less, describe your passion?
Dedication, Supportive, Understanding
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
Focused, Dedication, Hard work
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at The Original Toy Company?
Hard, Proud, Challenging
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English language?
Kevin McGrath, thank you so much for sitting down with us for our DotCom Magazine Leader Roundtable Interview Series. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping our readers learn more about what it takes to be a leader. We wish you, your family, and of course The Original Toy Company, nothing but the best.