Paul Motenko is the CEO of Stacked Restaurants LLC. Paul is a thought leader, influencer, visionary, and successful entrepreneur. Paul provides the leadership and energy that has inspired the creation of Stacked Restaurants LLC. Paul Motenko joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has recently awarded Stacked Restaurants LLC with our Impact Company of 2019 award. We are delighted to have Paul join us for our Leader Roundtable Interview and our popular speed round as well.
Paul, thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview about your company, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
1. What is the elevator pitch for Stacked Restaurants LLC?
STACKED: Food Well Built is an innovative, full-service restaurant that enables each of its guests to create their own "personalized" experience. Guests customize their meals, choosing between dozens of ingredients to get exactly what they want. And, they completely control when they order and pay. With a scratch kitchen and so many high-quality ingredients to choose from, a meal at STACKED is truly Food Well Built.
2. What is the key to your companys success?
Because of our passion for making people happy, we do whatever we can to give each guest exactly what they want. That is unique in the full-service sector of the restaurant industry.
3. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give entrepreneurs just starting out with a new venture?
Have a clear vision, but not so rigid that you are unable or unwilling to adapt to circumstances.
4. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as yours, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
Realistic optimism is the key. If you are confident that you are providing a worthwhile product or service, don't even consider failure as an option. However, don't let your ego cloud your judgement about the value of your business to the community.
5. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at Stacked Restaurants LLC, and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
STACKED was developed with guest satisfaction at the forefront. That is fundamentally what we are about, and why we work so hard to provide great, personalized experiences for our guests. We try to instill our passion for guest satisfaction in all of our team members. If they have that passion, we will create raving fans.
6. In todays fast changing business environment, how do you stay abreast of things?
By listening to our guests. We get an enormous amount of guest feedback and we take it very seriously.
7. What is your Why? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead Stacked Restaurants LLC?
Our "why" is to make people happy. We are in the hospitality business, which is an honor and a privilege. We get to wake up every morning with the goal of creating great experiences that will enhance people's lives, even if only for a few moments.
8. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
Blue Ocean Strategy. It demonstrates how taking a unique approach can distinguish your business and lead to massive success.
9. When communicating with your staff, can you tell us the most important thing you do so that they are able to carry out the objectives that you set forth at Stacked Restaurants LLC?
I tell them stories of how great restaurant experiences have made a difference in people's lives. I try to get them to understand the privilege of being in the hospitality business and the responsibility that entails to create those great experiences.
10. Can you explain what leadership means to you?
Leadership is having a vision and being able to communicate that vision effectively to all stakeholders in the company: team members, customers, suppliers and owners.
We would like to have some fun and do a speed round with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only.
Here you go!
1. In three words or less, what makes a successful CEO?
Communicator of values.
2. Describe your business in one word?
3. Describe your customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee?
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about your company?
6. In three words or less, describe your passion?
Making people happy.
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
Passion, vision, communication.
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at Stacked Restaurants LLC?
Fun and challenging.
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
Confidence and pride.
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the english language?
Paul Motenko, thank you so much for sitting down with us for our DotCom Magazine Leader Roundtable Interview Series. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping our readers learn more about what it takes to be a leader. We wish you, your family, and of course Stacked Restaurants LLC, nothing but the best.