Dionna Dorsey is the CEO of DIONNA DORSEY. Dionna is a thought leader, influencer, visionary, and successful entrepreneur. Dionna provides the leadership and energy that has inspired the creation of DIONNA DORSEY. Dionna Dorsey joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team is delighted to have Dionna join us for our Leader Roundtable Interview.
Dionna, thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview about your company, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
1. Dionna, please tell us about DIONNA DORSEY.What is the elevator pitch?
Thank you for the opportunity to share here! Dionna Dorsey is a creative consultant using simplicity, consistency and critical thinking to develop, enrich and transform innovative brands and organizations. It's poised to help you find the path that leads to change, community, empowerment, inclusivity, and long-term success by supporting your brand development through creative design and direction, critical strategy and thinking as well as diversity and inclusion marketing and merchandise development.
2. What is the one thing that makes DIONNA DORSEY great?
I'd have to say it's my collective experience as a creative along with my empathy. Together, these characteristics provide the pathway to developing, enriching and transforming innovative brands and organizations in a most unique way.
3. Please tell us what is the key to being a great entrepreneur?
Having a determined yet flexible mindset that's creative, open to pivoting, resourceful and decisive.
4. What is the best advice can you give to a young entrepreneur just starting out with a new venture?
Just get started. You'll always need more money and there's always something more to learn just get started and keep going. The key is to start and to continue.
5. What is the one thing that you, as a person, want to be known for?
For a body of work that collectively is empowering, encouraging and a part of the conversation for this time. To me, it's important to do my best to creatively spread positivity and goodness into the world.
6. When building a business, what is the one most important thing to keep in mind at all times?
Learning to pivot and not to accept no as an answer. I'd also have to mention the importance of remembering people are humans and to keep the human factor at the forefront when building your company to optimize growth and performance.
7. When hiring employees, what is the one most important thing you look for?
Kindness, enthusiasm, passion and performance.
8. What is your Why? Why do you get up in the morning?
I believe in purpose and I'm confident I was placed here during this time to fully be myself, flaws and all, with intention, purpose and sincerity.
9. What is the one thing that makes a great company?
Great people. Also, the company's ability to evolve.
10. What is the one thing that makes a great leader?
Dionna Dorsey, thank you so much for participating in the DotCom Magazine Leader Roundtable Interview Series. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping our readers learn more about what it takes to build a great company and become a great leader. We wish you, your family, and of course DIONNA DORSEY, nothing but the best.