Jop Quirindongo is the CEO of Lowres Creative Studio Amsterdam. Jop is a thought leader, influencer, visionary, and successful entrepreneur. Jop provides the leadership and energy that has inspired the creation of Lowres Creative Studio. Jop Quirindongo joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team is delighted to have Jop join us for our Leader Roundtable Interview.
Jop, thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to answer our questions about leadership, and entrepreneurship.
1. Jop, please tell us about Lowres Creative Studio. What is the elevator pitch?
Lowres Creative Studio is specialized in creating visual identities for brands, creative agencies and entrepreneurs with a digital mindset. By always starting off with a strong idea, a visual identity should enable growth for any brand.
2. What is the one thing that makes Lowres Creative Studio great?
Because Lowres Creative Studio is a small studio, we can really focus on the quality of the output. For each project, we can work with top notch specialists in their field. Lowres Creative Studio is situated in the Wheelhouse, a co-creation space in the centre of Amsterdam, so a lot of these collaborators are already nearby.
3. Please tell us what is the key to being a great entrepreneur?
I think that it helps a lot if you like to talk to people. In my experience, 99% percent of business comes in through my network. So they more people know what youre doing, the more nice projects will follow.
4. What is the best advice can you give to a young entrepreneur just starting out with a new venture?
Just start and have fun! But make sure you have some kind of buffer to start off with to cover your first expenses. And like I said in the previous answer: have lots of coffees with people.
5. What is the one thing that you, as a person, want to be known for?
Next to people being good at what they do, I personally find it very important to have a good working relationship with people I work with. So I would like to be known for someone thats nice to work with.
6. When building a business, what is the one most important thing to keep in mind at all times?
Remember why you started being an entrepreneur in the first place.
7. When hiring employees, what is the one most important thing you look for?
Again, nice people to work with, and of course good in what they do. And Im not just talking about knowing how to make something pretty. Design is all about listing and observing, so I find it important that people are aware of that.
8. What is your Why? Why do you get up in the morning?
Being able to make a living with something you love to do. And in my case it is helping brands creating their visual identity.
9. What is the one thing that makes a great company?
I think nowadays companies (and especially creative companies) should be able to adapt to a fast changing world and see what role they can continue to play.
10. What is the one thing that makes a great leader?
I think someone that has trust in the people he or she is working with.
Jop Quirindongo, thank you so much for participating in the DotCom Magazine Leader Roundtable Interview Series. We appreciate you participating in this important roundtable interview series, and helping our readers learn more about what it takes to build a great company and become a great leader. We wish you, your family, and of course Lowres Creative Studio, nothing but the best.