Scott Smith is the CEO of Launch Leads. Scott Smith is a thought leader, influencer, and risk taker, and provides the vision and energy that has inspired the creation of Launch Leads. Scott Smith joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has awarded Launch Leads as an Impact Company of 2019, and we are delighted to have Scott join us for our Leader Round Table Interview. The Launch Leads story is very interesting, and we are very excited to not only interview Scott about his very successful business and entrepreneurial spirit, but also put Scott through our popular speed round as well.
Scott, thank so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview, and answering some questions about leadership, your vision, and your passion.
1. Can you describe what the “elevator pitch” for Launch Leads is?
Launch Leads provides a full suite of B2B lead generation and market analysis solutions. We work with companies of all sizes allowing them to stay focused on closing sales while we consistently deliver qualified sales opportunities. Our partnership model fosters communication and collaboration and we serve as an extension of our client’s sales team.
2. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give CEO’s just starting out regarding keeping a company moving forward, and please tell us the key to your company’s success?
Wow, this is a hard one to keep short and sweet. Being brief, I’d say that there are a few key principles that have always served me well: 1) Set company standards that define what your company believes in 2) Abide by those standards at all times 3) Give people the benefit of the doubt and manage accordingly 4) Protect your culture and relentlessly keep those that poison it off your team
3. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as Launch Leads, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
First one has to understand that entrepreneurship is challenging almost by definition. I would go out on a limb and say that any successful business has had their fair share of challenges. The biggest bit of advice is to stay level headed and avoid making emotional or impulsive decisions during times of adversity.
4. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at Launch Leads, and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
The commitment to client satisfaction at Launch Leads is paramount. Our goal is to represent our clients’ brands as they would themselves and to always act accordingly as if they were in the room with us. A lot of trust is entrusted to us and we take that responsibility very seriously.
5. What is the one overriding belief that Launch Leads has about what it is doing?
That we make positive impacts in the lives of our partners. We interface with all levels of our clients’ teams and really get to know them on a deep level. We take pride in helping companies hit revenue targets and want to make them look good on earnings calls.
6. In today’s fast changing business environment, what do you do to keep up with the changes?
What do you read to stay abreast of things? We are always thinking about ways to streamline processes and provide more value to our clients. We are constantly working on building or buying the newest technology to stay ahead of our competitor’s service offerings. I read anything tech related as well as anything market related.
7. What is your “Why”? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead Launch Leads?
I get up in the morning for my family. They are my #1 “why”. A close second would be my constant itch to be better both as an organization and myself personally. The key to keeping myself at peak performance is committing myself to a healthy work/life balance.
8. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
Believe it or not, I do not read books. It’s an attention span thing. My favorite audio books are Good to Great and Predictive Revenue. Those books influenced my outlook on business, process, people and discipline.
9. In one sentence, can you tell us what the most important thing about being a leader is?
Being a leader is all about bringing people up the ladder with you and allowing them to fumble their way to the top like many of us do.
10. In one sentence, can you give some advice to fellow entrepreneurs wishing to build a company as exciting as Launch Leads?
Believe when noone else does, create your vision and work towards it daily.
Scott, we would like to have some fun and do our famous “First Reaction” round with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only.
Here you go!
1. In three words or less, What makes a successful CEO?
Passion drive belief
2. Describe Launch Leads in one word?
3. Describe Launch Leads customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee for Launch Leads?
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about Launch Leads?
6. In three words or less, describe your passion?
Seeing others blossom
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
Heart vision commitment
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at Launch Leads?
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
Belief in myself
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English Language?
Scott Smith, thank you so much for sitting down with us at our DotCom Magazine Impact Player Round Table. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping others to learn more about your company and what it takes to be a leader. We we wish you, your family, and of course Launch Leads, nothing but the best.