Scott Toal is the CEO of Short Run Pro Brands. Scott Toal is a thought leader, influencer, visionary, and successful entrepreneur. Scott provides the leadership and energy that has inspired the creation of Short Run Pro Brands. Scott Toal joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has recently awarded Short Run Pro Brands our Impact Company of 2019 award, and we are delighted to have Scott join us for our Leader Round Table Interview.
The Short Run Pro Brands story is very interesting, and we are very excited to not only interview Scott about his very successful business and entrepreneurial spirit, but also put Scott through our popular speed round as well. Scott, thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview, and answering some questions about leadership, your vision, and your passion.
1. What is the elevator pitch for Short Run Pro Brands?
Short Run Pro and her subsidiary brands are all about custom. From residential kitchens to the factories of the largest manufacturers in the world, we design and produce metal products that help people achieve their dreams and get work done.
2. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give CEOs just starting out regarding keeping a company moving forward, and please tell us the key to your companys success?
Perseverance, tenacity and ingenuity are key attributes of any leader in charge of a forward moving company. One of the greatest reasons for the success we have had at the Short Run Pro Brands is our core belief in helping people and innovating rather than duplicating. Our brands are known for products that do the job better, backed by people who work hard to serve the customers' needs.
3. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as yours, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
Growing during an economic downturn is not an easy task. But we were able to accomplish this by focusing on our mission and staying true to our core beliefs. When things are tough you have to know why you are doing what you do. With a strong mission and dedication to accomplishing that mission, fighting through the hard times is not drudgery It is a purposeful endeavor.
4. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at Short Run Pro Brands, and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
Customer satisfaction is everything at Short Run Pro Brands. All of our brands serve a wide variety of clients from individual homeowners to large multinational corporations. In all instances we provide outstanding service – guaranteed. We stand behind our products and services. If they do not meet our customers' expectations we resolve the issue. Our efforts in this area naturally give our customers something about which to rave.
5. What is the one thing Short Run Pro Brands does to have great communication with their customers?
We have a very strong social media presence and utilize technology, both on and off our website, to help with communication between Short Run Pro Brands and our customers. When it comes to service inquiries, our customers have a variety of ways (phone, email, forms, online chat) to contact our Customer Success team.
6. In todays fast changing business environment, how do you stay abreast of things?
Each one of our brands serves within different niche markets. We keep updated on the developments within these markets through review of industry magazines and online resources. Trade shows and industry conferences are another way we keep aware of changes and events happening in our industries.
7. What is your Why? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead Short Run Pro Brands?
My why is found in my desire to help people. There are people counting on Short Run Pro and our brands, Federal Brace, Killarney Metals and Oeveo to provide solutions and execute on their behalf. That gets me out of bed in the morning. Working with an outstanding team is a motivator as well.
8. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
The book that has had the greatest influence on me is the Bible. I find it to have knowledge that is useful in all aspects of life, no matter my age or the state of affairs in the world around me. It is as solid a guide as any book written.
9. When communicating with your staff, can you tell us the most important thing you do so that they are able to carry out the objectives that you set forth at Short Run Pro Brands?
Encouragement and empowerment are the key aspects of our communications within Short Run Pro Brands. We encourage our team to do what they do best and we empower them to accomplish the tasks for which they are responsible – first and foremost of which is helping our customers.
10. In one sentence, can you give some advice to fellow entrepreneurs wishing to build a company as exciting as Short Run Pro Brands?
Be patient, continually move forward, stick to your core beliefs and be prepared to take advantage of the opportunities that will come to you and your company.
We would like to have some fun and do a Speed Round with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only.
Here you go!
1. In three words or less, What makes a successful CEO?
Dedication, Loyalty, Decisiveness
2. Describe your business in one word?
3. Describe your customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee?
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about your company?
6. In three words or less, describe your passion?
Growth through Helping
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
Tenacity, Ingenuity, Action
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at Short Run Pro Brands?
Different, exciting, demanding
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English Language?
Scott Toal, Thank you so much for sitting down with us at our DotCom Magazine Leader Round Table. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping others learn more about what it takes to be a leader. We hope your interview helps our readers, and we wish you, your family, and of course Short Run Pro Brands, nothing but the best.