Michael Loistl is the CTO of EastMeetEast. Michael is a thought leader, influencer, visionary, and successful entrepreneur. Michael provides the leadership and energy that has inspired the creation of EastMeetEast. Michael Loistl joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has recently awarded EastMeetEast with our Impact Company of 2019 award. We are delighted to have Michael join us for our Leader Roundtable Interview and our popular “speed round” as well.
Michael, thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview about your company, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
1. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give entrepreneurs just starting out with a new venture?
Solve a real problem and provide value that people are happy and willing to pay for it.
2. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at EastMeetEast, and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
It’s one of the most important commitments a company can have if it want’s to not just stay in business, but grow. Customers become raving fans when they feel that the company cares about them, solves their problems and delivers on the promise made which made the person a customer in the first place.
3. In today’s fast changing business environment, how do you stay abreast of things?
In terms of technology I believe that we have to avoid following the latest trends and use the right, often boring and battle tested technology, to build things that are valuable to our customers.
4. What is your “Why”? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead EastMeetEast?
We have customers with real problems that they are willing to pay us to solve. Solving those problems, providing them with different ways to connect with others, having fun and in the best case scenario to find a loving and caring partner is the fuel for the engine to run at peak performance.
5. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
“Getting Real” by 37Signals. Keeping things real and simple is the best way to build something of value. Whenever I feel that my work goes off that simple principles, I go back and read it again.
6. When communicating with your staff, can you tell us the most important thing you do so that they are able to carry out the objectives that you set forth at EastMeetEast?
I tell them to own their work, care about the user experience and do as much as possible real work that has an impact on our customers.
7. Can you explain what leadership means to you?
We would like to have some fun and do a “speed round” with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only.
Here you go!
1. In three words or less, what makes a successful CTO?
Listen & support
2. Describe EastMeetEast in one word?
3. Describe your customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an engineer?
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about your company?
6. In three words or less, describe your passion?
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
8. In three words or less, describe your first year at EastMeetEast?
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
Listen – Promise – Deliver
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English language?
Michael Loistl, thank you so much for sitting down with us for our DotCom Magazine Leader Roundtable Interview Series. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping our readers learn more about what it takes to be a leader. We wish you, your family, and of course EastMeetEast, nothing but the best. Thanks again!