Judy Huang is the CEO of 889 Global Solutions. Judy Huang is a thought leader, influencer, and risk taker, and provides the vision and energy that has inspired the creation of 889 Global Solutions. Judy Huang joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has awarded 889 Global Solutions as an Impact Company of 2019, and we are delighted to have Judy join us for our Leader Round Table Interview. The 889 Global Solutions story is very interesting, and we are very excited to not only interview Judy about her very successful business and entrepreneurial spirit, but also put Judy through our popular speed round as well.
Judy, thank so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview, and answering some questions about leadership, your vision, and your passion.
1. What is the âelevator pitchâ for 889 Global Solutions?
889 Global Solutions is a contract manufacturer proudly headquartered in Columbus, Ohio with all our production facilities across East Asia. For over 20 years now we have worked hard to build up a vast vendor network of over 50 factories specializing in casting, machining, and extruding for industrial components and assemblies. We have experience in many industries improving the supply chains of original equipment manufacturers ranging from Fortune 200 to middle market companies by taking title and having boots on the ground.
2. What is the key to your companyâs success?
Itâs our people, here domestically and overseas. We are flexible and customer-focused. We listen to our customers and customize our solutions to them. We are always changing for the better and we never sit back and wait for things to happen.
3. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give entrepreneurs just starting out with a new venture?
Know that it is a lot of time and commitment of effort, money, emotional stamina, family support and market conditions. Success is often a combination of all of these many things and it is always a balancing act.
4. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as yours, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
Just keep moving forward â trust in your people. Have S.M.A.R.T short-term and long-term goals. Have faith in your people and a higher power as luck is both preparation, hard work, and faith. Right now this Tariff with China is exactly that situation, we have to rely on our partners and have open dialogue with our clients and keep pushing forward. I would advise other entrepreneurs to not be scared but to be smart and seek advice.
5. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at 889 Global Solutions, and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
Client satisfaction is of the upmost importance. We put them before everything else. If they are not happy, we are not happy. We consistently visit all our clients and maintain dialogue with various levels of the decision-makers there. Lastly, we do a Customer Satisfaction Survey to see where we are with things.
6. In todayâs fast changing business environment, how do you stay abreast of things?
Have a trusted network of colleagues, advisors, and friends. Donât be afraid to talk about the bottom line with both your clients and your suppliers. Itâs all in the name 8 symbolizes prosperity and 9 symbolizes longevity in Chinese culture. So, prosperity for our partners; prosperity for us; longevity of our relationship.
7. What is your âWhyâ? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead 889 Global Solutions?
My âWhyâ is to help others, colleagues, clients, vendors and our community while keeping our core values at heart. I keep myself at peak performance through a balance of mind (prayers/meditation), body (exercise), and soul (teamwork). That helps me stay focused on the big picture and not get caught up in the daily short term hiccups.
8. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
Traction by Gino Wickman is a very practical book of how to run a business based on planning and accountability. There is not one book, it is a matter of continual learning and reading and going to seminars to learn from other leaders as that is the only way to continue to build your business.
9. When communicating with your staff, can you tell us the most important thing you do so that they are able to carry out the objectives that you set forth at 889 Global Solutions?
Create S.M.A.R.T short-term and long-term goals. We have a 10-year goals, 3-year goals, annual goals, quarterly goals, and we break it down within departments from there. By having a familial and open-door work setting, everybody is comfortable communicating if they need support in a certain area.
10. Can you explain what leadership means to you?
Leadership is seeing how others have been great example to me and emulating that to my staff members. Servant Leadership! That is always the best.
Judy, we would like to have some fun and do our famous âFirst Reactionâ round with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only. Here you go!
1. In three words or less, what makes a successful CEO?
Humility, leading when it is not popular, persistency
2. Describe your business in one word?
Supply chain value
3. Describe your customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee?
A good heart and willingness to work hard together
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about your company?
6. In three words or less, describe your passion?
Make a difference
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
Hard work, strategy, teamwork.
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at 889 Global Solutions?
Adjustment to US (as I was a business owner for 8 years in China before 889).
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
Patience, teamwork, long-term thinking
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English language?
Judy Huang, thank you so much for sitting down with us at our DotCom Magazine Impact Player Round Table. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping others to learn more about your company and what it takes to be a leader. We we wish you, your family, and of course 889 Global Solutions, nothing but the best. Thanks again!
The Judy Huang Roundtable Interview brought to you by DotCom Magazine.