Allen Kun is the CEO of Rover Innovations. Allen Kun is a thought leader, influencer, visionary, and successful entrepreneur. Allen provides the leadership and energy that has inspired the creation of Rover Innovations. Allen Kun joins other leading CEOs and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team has recently awarded Rover Innovations with our Impact Company of 2020 award. We are delighted to have Allen join us for our Leader Roundtable Interview and our popular speed round as well.
Allen, thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day for this interview about your company, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
1. What is the elevator pitch for Rover Innovations?
We are the Lead Marketing firm in Vancouver Washington and currently expanding our territory to Portland Oregon. We specialize in direct marketing and work with a variety of fortune 100 clients for in store promotions. From home entertainment and home security, wireless mobility to clean energy, we continue to expand our horizons with more clients to come.
2. What is the key to your companys success?
All credit goes to our people who helped create this companys team oriented, fun and motivating culture. Each individual strives to go above and beyond for our clients in order to continue standing on top of the competition.
3. Many of our readers are just starting to build a company. What advice can you give entrepreneurs just starting out with a new venture?
Its not a race, but rather a marathon on this road less traveled. Enjoy the process of laying the foundation and dont shortcut the process. Discipline is key because motivation can come and go during tough times. You must be all in, there are always hardships along the path to success, success is earned, and rent is due daily.
4. For other entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as yours, what advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
Each obstacle is a learning experience, avoid involving your personal emotions and logically think through how to overcome them. There is always more than one solution to any tough situation, once you find the best plan of action, put all your attention towards fixing the problem.
5. How important is the commitment to client satisfaction at Rover Innovations, and how do you make sure your customers will become raving fans of your company?
Our top priority are our clients. We present utmost professionalism and strong core values to continue representing them, this helped us expand at the rate we have. Working with our clients has gained us much attention from brands even larger than the ones we currently work with. We are excited to see our continued expansion through fourth quarter while representing these new clients.
6. In todays fast changing business environment, how do you stay abreast of things?
Being able to adapt to your ever-changing environment is key as the business world never stops. Seeing trends as they happen is key in this generation of continuously evolving technology; we ourselves must evolve our way for going to market in the retail channel in order to stay ahead of other companies. We continue to recruit leaders in the business management and marketing industry in order to continuously learn and stay ahead of the competition.
7. What is your Why? Why do you get up in the morning, and how do you keep yourself at peak performance to lead Rover Innovations?
Being a first generation American born citizen, it has always been to retire my parents and grandparents, as well as providing a better future to my family and kids. Now that some level of success in those aspects were achieved, my why has become my people and their futures. I owe my people the same level of success and an opportunity to make this possible. I enjoy seeing people achieve their goals and being a part of their success is truly humbling.
8. Can you recommend a book that has had an influence in your career? How did it influence you?
Grant Cardone with his release of Sell or Be Sold would be the book that I truly believe is what every Entrepreneur needs to embody. In order to succeed you must put forth 10x more effort in every aspect to achieve your goals faster. Having the grit and conviction to overcome any obstacle in his way, Grant was manic and systematic to achieve his goals. I believe this type of belief we can all learn from and grow as a whole to achieve 10x more than we believe possible. This type of grit and persistence is something that opened my eyes and changed my view of the world for what it takes to be one of the greats. My daily habit must be tuned and maximized 10x more than the average, never forget your power base and the potential it holds.
9. When communicating with your staff, can you tell us the most important thing you do so that they are able to carry out the objectives that you set forth at Rover Innovations?
Our company prides on keeping clear communication of expectations for both parties, forming standards to be kept as a way to achieve mutual goals. We ensure that every individual has the tools they need to succeed and create goals to achieve a higher caliber work ethic and success rate. Striving to best our former selves is the mutual goal within our culture!
10. Can you explain what leadership means to you?
True leadership is an action of forging a path for others to follow with a sense of connection and determination for everyones gain. Actions speak louder than words when it comes to leadership, it is being accountable and reliable every step of the way.
We would like to have some fun and do a speed round with you! We will ask you ten more questions that we want you to answer in just one to three words only.
Here you go!
1. In three words or less, what makes a successful CEO?
Innovation, Reliability, Drive
2. Describe your business in one word?
3. Describe your customers in one word?
4. What one attribute do you look for when hiring an employee?
Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a student mentality.
5. What is the one word you want your customers to say about your company?
6. In three words or less, describe your passion?
Connecting, motivating, surmount
7. In three words or less, describe what it takes to be successful?
Patience, endurance, devotion
8. In three words or less, describe your first year in business at Rover Innovations?
Daring, enriching, gratifying
9. In three words or less, describe how running a successful company has changed you?
Mentally and habitually
10. What is the one word that you believe has the most power in the English language?
Allen Kun, thank you so much for sitting down with us for our DotCom Magazine Leader Roundtable Interview Series. We very much appreciate the time you spent helping our readers learn more about what it takes to be a leader. We wish you, your family, and of course Rover Innovations, nothing but the best.