Keely Harris, Founder and CEO of Keely Harris Group is a thought leader, influencer, visionary, and successful entrepreneur. Keely provides the leadership and energy that has inspired the creation of successful business and real estate empire.
Keely Harris joins other leading Bestselling Authors, International Speakers & entrepreneurs, Founder and CEOs, and Founders taking part in our Leader Roundtable Interview Series. The DotCom Magazine editorial team is delighted to have Keely join us for our Leader Roundtable Interview.
For more than 15 years, Keely Harris has helped home buyers and sellers in the Dallas-Fort Worth area meet their goals. She is a proficient realtor who strives to exceed her clients’ expectations when selling or purchasing a home. Thanks to her dedication to delivering top-quality service, she was voted one of “D Magazine’s Best Real Estate Agents in Dallas” for the last 15 years.
1. Please tell us the one thing that separates your business from the competition?
I understand that every customer has unique needs, so I offer personalized service to satisfy each customer’s needs. I walk with my home buying or selling customer through each step of the entire process to ensure 100% satisfaction.
2. Does a staged home bring more money than one that is not?
Yes. The National Association of Realtors points out that for every $100 you invest in staging, you can potentially get a return of $400. In 2020 data from the Real Estate Staging Association (RESA) reveals that 85% of staged homes attracted offers between 5% and 23% over the asking price.
At least 80% of buyers say that it is easier to visualize a property as a future home when it has been staged. According to RESA, 75% of homeowners who invested 1% of their home’s value in staging got a return of between 5% and 15%.
Also worthy of note is that staged homes usually sell quicker than the ones that are not. According to HomeAdvisor, staged homes spend between 30% and 50% less time on the market.
I have sold several homes at an average of 6% over the listing price in less than two weeks.
3. Please tell us what the one major key to your company’s success is?
Satisfying clients’ needs. Whether you are selling or buying a property, you can expect first-rate customer service and personalized attention geared to meet your specific goals. If you can satisfy your customers to the extent that they offer you repeat business or refer other customers to you, then you can be sure of success.
4. For our readers just starting to build a company, what advice can you give entrepreneurs just starting out with a new venture?
Your business won’t be successful overnight. You need to get your priorities right and stay focused and resilient. Most importantly, seek support and advice from experienced players in the industry. Learning from those who have already made mistakes and weathered challenges to succeed in the business is an effective way to minimize risks to grow your new venture.
5. For entrepreneurs seeking to build a business as successful as yours, what big piece of advice can you give them when times get a little challenging?
Push through the challenging times. When things get tough, the first thing that often comes to mind is to give up. However, you should keep going.
You should also realize that tough times provide an opportunity to rethink our business and decide on what is working and what is not. You might want to pause, re-strategize, and make changes you strongly feel will make a difference.
6. In today’s fast-changing business environment, how do you stay abreast of things?
I keep my knowledge and skills current through continuous education. Continuous learning expands your knowledge base and keeps you up to date with emerging industry trends. I attend workshops, sign up for webinars, and keep watch for relevant publications.
7. What is your Why? In one sentence, why do you get up in the morning?
My Why is to meet my clients’ needs and ensuring they get the best deal whether they are buying or selling property. Nothing can be more satisfying to me than sitting across the closing table from that client who is overwhelmed with excitement to move into their first home, move up to a larger home, or relocating to start a new adventure.
8. In one sentence, what is the most important thing one has to do to be a great leader?
The most important thing you should do to be a great leader is to have a sense of responsibility and reliability. These qualities should manifest in your work and your interactions with others.
9. In one sentence, describe how important your customers are to your business?
I put my customers’ needs before everything else because they are the foundation stone for my business.
10. In one sentence, describe a positive way that technology can make the world a better place?
Technology keeps us informed on what’s going on around the world.
11. In one sentence, tell us something positive to motivate our readers?
The house you looked at today and wanted to think about until tomorrow may be the same house someone looked at yesterday and will buy today.
12. In one sentence, tell us how you start your day to get ready?
I start my morning with meditation.
13. In one sentence, describe how you handle rejection and setbacks?
I understand that rejection is a part of business; it has nothing to do with me personally and could simply mean that what I’m offering doesn’t meet the client’s needs.
14. In one sentence, describe how you keep your sanity in a competitive business environment?
I focus on my clients and treat them like family.
Keely Harris, thank you so much for participating in the DotCom Magazine Leader Roundtable Interview Series. We appreciate you participating in this important roundtable interview series, and helping our readers learn more about what it takes to build a great company and become a great leader. We wish you, your family, and of course your entire business, nothing but the best.